Is Exceptional Size... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just doing the math on what exceptional size would cost for different units...

70 points for a 'Fex, 30 for a warrior and almost 50 for a Tyrant?!?!?! That seems a little extreme. The 'Fex is just ridiculous and for 30 points I could almost buy a whole Warrior, the 49 points for the tyrant is almost understandable. I was thinking maybe it should be T plus S plus maybe 5 or 10 pts. I think T multiplied by S is just way too much.

Your thoughts?

-Can I pretend this guardian is an Exarch?
    -Well, I'll just pretend this jellybean is a Dreadnought, then when it's destroyed I can eat it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fex, waste of points. But on a Tyrant, it really depends on what army you are facing. Lets take orks for example(or any other race that has mostly Strength 3 warriors), if you give your Tyrant toughness 7, they cannot hurt it. It helps a lot when you are faced taking on 60 attack, expecially when your armor save is a 4+(choppas). But mostly, I would say its not worth it, for 49 points, you can get a little more than a Guard.

5 or 10 points? Naaa, everyone would use it. I dont know how you can make the rule better. But 10 points would be cheesy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i said Toughness + Strength AND + 10 pts. so for a Tyrant it would be 24 pts. and 21 for a warrior and 27 for a 'Fex. I dunno.... just a thought. But, I mean you can only use it on a 'Fex or Tyrant if you have only 4 army types...
    -Can I pretend this guardian is an Exarch?
    -Well, I'll just pretend this jellybean is a Dreadnought, then when it's destroyed I can eat it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, sounds more reasonable. I would totaly agree with you here. Just not the Warriror part though, to make one exceptional size warrior, you could have another one. But I think thats a better rule that they have right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It´s a goog rule change.

If wu use it, some people will use great hive tyrant and it will be very cool conversion a big hive tyrant. :o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

is it possible to give the gaunts exceptional size so that they all get s & t 10? it would probably be kinda expensive but maybe it would be worth it. is it possible? im still trying to learn how to use the exceptional size
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Originally posted by Necrontyr@May 17 2004, 118
    is it possible to give the gaunts exceptional size so that they all get s & t 10? it would probably be kinda expensive but maybe it would be worth it. is it possible? im still trying to learn how to use the exceptional size
    --- Codex page 37, left-hand column, "Mutation Types", the paragraph before the details of Mutations. Read it and You'll get the answer to Your question. =)
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Closed Thread