Need help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help

Erm I have a problem with my tyranid army i seen loads of places magnises them i was wondering how it was done

and i live in the uk so is there any uk site i can order them from

the pain problem is that when i change pioints i shit around biomormps on my models and maybe weapons to fit the points

My Other problem is that with the wings for the hive tyrant how am i going to magnize them ?

also are the arms or the bodys metal i need to know that ?

one other thing i was wondering was what bio Morphs are not in the Boxsets for each model type

Or which weapons are missing

and what other models Biomorphs are best to use as a sybite for them
    and is the any Extensive Coversions needed for any of the models

I was also wondering because Tyrant Gaurd are 12 pound each here really expensive is there any way i can Make/Convert other models for a much cheaper Price.

My Pain Scheme is a Real blue Felsh with Enhanced blue Under/inside Flesh
    then Dark Flesh Carapaces and Blood Red Talons and Claws

i was wondering if that paint scheme sounded nice also what colours should i paint the weapons and the biomorphs for that paint scheme

1 Last thing would the Gargole Wings work for Warriors ones if not what cheap blistor should i get the wings from that would work for that conversion.

Thanks all i hope you can help me out
    I made my 2000 point shootie list and my 2000 point Mixed list and now im buying the models for them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

Well....Wow....I just don't know where to begin except to say you really need reread your posts and make them a little more legible. Perhaps install the google toolbar in your browser so you can have it run spell checks for you.

Quote Originally Posted by pili View Post
    Erm I have a problem with my tyranid army i seen loads of places magnises them i was wondering how it was done

and i live in the uk so is there any uk site i can order them from

the pain problem is that when i change pioints i shit around biomormps on my models and maybe weapons to fit the points
    Can't help you with magnets in the UK, I'm in the US and I use amazingmagnets.com.

My Other problem is that with the wings for the hive tyrant how am i going to magnize them ?
    I've heard the 2mm or 3mm thick magnets work well for this.

also are the arms or the bodys metal i need to know that ?
    Everything you see on the GW pic for the Hive Tyrant is metal except for the guns. So the body, legs, lash whip, bone sword, and head are all metal.

one other thing i was wondering was what bio Morphs are not in the Boxsets for each model type

Or which weapons are missing
    Could you be more specific? To go through the entire list would take a while. The most notable ones that are missing are the TL Devourers for monstrous creatures (or if they are included, they're pathetic) and the rending claws for the ravenars. Wings are missing for Hive Tyrant and Warriors.

and what other models Biomorphs are best to use as a sybite for them
    and is the any Extensive Coversions needed for any of the models
    Once again, could you be more specific? Perhaps just create a thread for each of the critters you're thinking about, or use the search function to find what others have already said.

I was also wondering because Tyrant Gaurd are 12 pound each here really expensive is there any way i can Make/Convert other models for a much cheaper Price.
    Yeah guard are expensive, but I've not heard of a conversion for these guys. You might be able to beef up some warriors, but I'm pretty sure they won't look right unless you're really good.

My Pain Scheme is a Real blue Felsh with Enhanced blue Under/inside Flesh
    then Dark Flesh Carapaces and Blood Red Talons and Claws

i was wondering if that paint scheme sounded nice also what colours should i paint the weapons and the biomorphs for that paint scheme
    Can't really comment as I'm not sure what is painted "Real blue" and what is "Enhanced blue". But blue is a good choice. Maybe you should ask the folks in the painting part of the forum. They seem like nice chaps over there.

Depending on the biomorph you can go with a variety of colors. In the codex towards the back they have a gallery of models with biomorphs. For the most part I think they did an excellent job with the color choices. Adrenal glands look like tiny brains, and venom sacs are green. Guns are generally painted the same color as the body except for highlights like the eye part of the venom cannon.

1 Last thing would the Gargole Wings work for Warriors ones if not what cheap blistor should i get the wings from that would work for that conversion.
    Yes I think the gargoyle wings would work, although I've not done it.

It seems you're like me and concerned about the cost of the army. Trying save money where possible. Why don't you create a thread in the army list section and see what others have to say about it. That way you won't waste your money on conversions that don't work in the end.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magnet_man View Post
    Well....Wow....I just don't know where to begin except to say you really need reread your posts and make them a little more legible. Perhaps install the google toolbar in your browser so you can have it run spell checks for you.

Can't help you with magnets in the UK, I'm in the US and I use amazingmagnets.com.

I've heard the 2mm or 3mm thick magnets work well for this.

Everything you see on the GW pic for the Hive Tyrant is metal except for the guns. So the body, legs, lash whip, bone sword, and head are all metal.

Could you be more specific? To go through the entire list would take a while. The most notable ones that are missing are the TL Devourers for monstrous creatures (or if they are included, they're pathetic) and the rending claws for the ravenars. Wings are missing for Hive Tyrant and Warriors.

Once again, could you be more specific? Perhaps just create a thread for each of the critters you're thinking about, or use the search function to find what others have already said.

Yeah guard are expensive, but I've not heard of a conversion for these guys. You might be able to beef up some warriors, but I'm pretty sure they won't look right unless you're really good.

Can't really comment as I'm not sure what is painted "Real blue" and what is "Enhanced blue". But blue is a good choice. Maybe you should ask the folks in the painting part of the forum. They seem like nice chaps over there.

Depending on the biomorph you can go with a variety of colors. In the codex towards the back they have a gallery of models with biomorphs. For the most part I think they did an excellent job with the color choices. Adrenal glands look like tiny brains, and venom sacs are green. Guns are generally painted the same color as the body except for highlights like the eye part of the venom cannon.

Yes I think the gargoyle wings would work, although I've not done it.

It seems you're like me and concerned about the cost of the army. Trying save money where possible. Why don't you create a thread in the army list section and see what others have to say about it. That way you won't waste your money on conversions that don't work in the end.

Okay thanks for help i have my list up there check the names

2000 Point Shootie List need help

i think is the name same username youll see what i mean im doing another one but this time sorta going towads flying based but meh

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x7)

I have some converted Tyrant Guard. What I did was grab some warriors, use scy-tals for the low arms, have one arm a rending claw, and for the last arm I cut the end off of a monstrous sized scy-tal and glued on an extra Carnifex carapace. I then removed the eyes from the warrior heads and filled the gap with green stuff. They look fairly guardish.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magnets in UK

PowerMagnetStore .com - Suppliers of NdFeB , Neodymium , Neo , NIB , rare earth magnets and magnetic accessories

2mm disc ones fit perfectly into a hive tyrant / carnifex arm sockets.

have fun!

LX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magnets in UK

PowerMagnetStore .com - Suppliers of NdFeB , Neodymium , Neo , NIB , rare earth magnets and magnetic accessories

2mm disc ones fit perfectly into a hive tyrant / carnifex arm sockets.

have fun!

LX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

159 (x5)

If you really want wings (and i don't realy recommend for a resilient force) then you could use plasticard if your on a budget because the gargoyle wings are pretty expensive.

You could almost give forgeworld a call for the price of the gargoyle wings!
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the magnets website and for the tips on gaurds and wings

I was also wondering as when i built my first 3 warriors i couldn't find no Enhanced Senses use
    so i was wondering how i would convert the heads so i can give then enhanced senses.
    also i was wondering how ya achieve the Reinforced Chitin on the Carnifexs?

how much is Green stuff ? and where is it supplied?

boo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

green stuff is £3 and sold in GW shops

another idea for guard, give them 1 rending claw, 1 lash on the same side as that(from green stuff or whatever), and on the other side use some spare carapace(from warriors/fexs/tyrants whatever) to make a sort of shield, like the cool nids had in previous editon (just google images for tyrant guard, and you'll see what i mean)

so yeah, you can do that

for enhanced senses, if you want you could just stick some flesh hooks on the head like antene, it doesn't look 'awsome' but it does look reasonable

Grots/SoB/CSP/AWN/DE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    green stuff is £3 and sold in GW shops

another idea for guard, give them 1 rending claw, 1 lash on the same side as that(from green stuff or whatever), and on the other side use some spare carapace(from warriors/fexs/tyrants whatever) to make a sort of shield, like the cool nids had in previous editon (just google images for tyrant guard, and you'll see what i mean)

so yeah, you can do that

for enhanced senses, if you want you could just stick some flesh hooks on the head like antene, it doesn't look 'awsome' but it does look reasonable
    oh okay thanks ill see how it looks and ty for the gaurds i already done my warriors and list now im just making it. okay 3 pound not bad ^_^.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast