can Farsight and R'Myr be teamed up ? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can Farsight and R'Myr be teamed up ?

all right the question basically describes it all.. can these two commanders team up to fight for the "Greater Good" ? I only ask this question because it doesnt say that they cant.. so i'm wondering if this is just a little way to put 2 awesome models together.. please comment/ or if someone knows the answer.. tell me so that i dont need to guess anymore.. thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x4)

Who is this R'myr you speak of?
    My gaming group's new motto: That army you're using is overpowered because it hurts my guys, codex is broken and needs a rewrite.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

I believe he was a Tau Commander released by Forgeworld - Shas'o R'myr. I think his rules were in one of their Imperial Armour books they released.

Hazarding a guess, I would say, for tournament play, no. Shas'o R'myr isn't technically a GW produced model, so I don't think you'd be able to use him at all. Which then makes it redundant as to whether you can team him up with Farsight.

In games within your local gaming circle, as long as your opponents are fine with it, I can't see a problem though. You may get some fluff-nuts saying it wouldn't happen, but if no one has any real problem with it then go for it.

That said, I personally don't think R'myr would team up with Farsight, from a purely fluff point of view. But I did say you could ignore that bit.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

is a hardcore rebel dutchie the great's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

I was just studying my codex when I read this , and it occured to me that you have to have 1+ commander battlesuits and because there is a limmit of 2 HQs.
    I guess you can only choose one.

Well only in a tournie I guess

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Not quite sure of your reasoning there

1 Compulsory Battlesuit (hence the +1 on the commander entry)
    1 Additional HQ slot that can be filled by either an Ethereal or a Battlesuit

I thought I had the experimental rules for R'myr somewhere but I can't find them at the moment. Not sure if they mention any restrictions on when he can be used, I might have to go and have a look and see if I can find anything.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

120 (x2)

i think dutchie nailed it right on the head there.

although there is no rule specifying that you can't use both, the FOC slots basically preclude that from happening.

you take 1 regular commander as mandatory in a tau army.
    That's 1 hq slot. now you have only one more
    you can use that slot for farsight, or r'myr, but not both, because there is only one slot left.

Senior Member Spartan Command061's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Yep, I was going to dispute this as the wording in the codex states farsight as a 'commander', but the FAQ (yes GW actually releases them), says Farsight does not count as the compolsary HQ choice, and specifically says that another Crisis suit commander must be taken. Ergo no R'myr (unless you take two Force org charts, but I haven't seen a tournie that allows this.)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

470 (x8)

Ah, my mistake then. Sorry about that dutchie the great, your point makes perfect sense now.

I've never really been all that enamoured with Farsight, so I didn't know about the not counting as the +1 Commander bit.

Then again, could you reason that R'myr (even though he's not in the Tau Empire Codex) could count as the +1 Commander, thus allowing you to use him in conjunction with Farsight?

I guess it depends a great deal on R'myr's rules; I recall Forgeworld releasing an experimental rules sheet for the Shas'o, which I was sure I had somewhere. Turns out I can't find it, and the experimental rules are no longer available from Forgeworld as they now insist on you using the official rules from one of their books which you have to pay money for. Damn money.

Maybe someone out there has Imperial Armour 3: The Talos Campaign and can tell us all about Shas'o R'myr. Rather than having me blather all over everyone's screens while making absolutely no point at all.

is a hardcore rebel dutchie the great's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

122 (x3)

ahhhhh you make a very good point deadstar maybe R'Myr could count as the 1+ battle suit.

I hope so because iv'e always wanted to get a force with two special characters.:party2:

well now to the idea that I actually loged on to say :
    maybe if you use up all the force orgonisation slots (2HQ,3elites,6troops,3F/A,3H/S)then you could then just get what you want i.e one more HQ slot so in all you could have an army with fasight,R'Myr and a commander battlesuit.

sounds crazy in theory but it may work.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ungbloods.html

Come and join the YoungBloods social group!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x4)

I very strongly doubt it.The codex states that the 1+ commander must be a Tau: Shas'el or Shas'o, and lists the stats for those two units in the commander slot. In commander Farsight's entry his stats are not defined as "Shas'o" or "Shas'el", but as "Farsight". I'm guessing the same goes for R'Myr. In addition, Farsight is listed as "Commander Farsight", and he cannot be used as the company's 1+ commander (see the FAQ); to allow R'Myr to be used as a commander and Farsight not to would be a double standard.
    Last edited by lLonginus; June 13th, 2008 at 02:35.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast