Snikrot worth it? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snikrot worth it?

So, as the title says, has anyone used Snikrot and had an awesome experience with him or should i not use him. He seems to be good stat-wise and the ability to attack from behind seems to good to be true. I have a friend who has a devastator squad that i would like to say an orky hello to.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

If you have the points to spare he can be a great asset. Dont forget he can come from the side to so if the enemy is advancing up a flank you can disrupt that as well. Against guard and tau armies snikrot can be a life saver.

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is well worth it with 4th ed but with the rules for Infiltrators in 5th ed, I would reconsider him for a PK Nob.
    "They say the Darkness consumes you. They don't say what happens after It's done."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I think Kommandoes are only worth taking w/Snikrot in tow. The ability to pick an area to support mid-game is invaluable.
    Two's to kill. Ahh, sweet sweet music.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Seth the Dark View Post
    He is well worth it with 4th ed but with the rules for Infiltrators in 5th ed, I would reconsider him for a PK Nob.
    What are the changes to the infiltrators rule in 5th? I haven't seen anything about this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have found that vs chaos snikrot has served me very well. Hitting havocs and noise marines from the back takes the pressure off quite well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a rumor that in 5th infiltrators will have the option of being held in reserve and then entering from a random board edge (after rolling for reserves as normal). Even if that's the way it works out, I'd still shell out for Snikrot. Accuracy > Budget
    Two's to kill. Ahh, sweet sweet music.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Courtsloth View Post
    There is a rumor that in 5th infiltrators will have the option of being held in reserve and then entering from a random board edge (after rolling for reserves as normal). Even if that's the way it works out, I'd still shell out for Snikrot. Accuracy > Budget
    Ah, gotcha. Yea I agree with you, even if 5th works that way Snikrot is still worth it. Just think, you have a 25% chance for the Kommandos to end up on your own table edge and 9 times out of 10 they aren't going to do much starting from there on a later turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

While i am not 100% certain on this i am fairly sure that with the new infiltrators rule what happens is that you have a 1/3 chance the squad walks on from the right, 1/3 it walks on from the left, and a 1/3 it walks on from where you want it. I am pretty sure that they dont come from the opponents or your table edge, so snikrot still brings alot to the table. Now...imagine this. 3 squads of kommandos, 1 with snikrot? That would be expensive but supported by a horde of troops it could be devastating.

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by C/-Rt3r View Post
    While i am not 100% certain on this i am fairly sure that with the new infiltrators rule what happens is that you have a 1/3 chance the squad walks on from the right, 1/3 it walks on from the left, and a 1/3 it walks on from where you want it. I am pretty sure that they dont come from the opponents or your table edge, so snikrot still brings alot to the table. Now...imagine this. 3 squads of kommandos, 1 with snikrot? That would be expensive but supported by a horde of troops it could be devastating.
    Ah, that makes a lot more sense!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast