Librarium Online Forums banner

Tyranid Forum Subtitle.

3K views 51 replies 29 participants last post by  Willance 
#1 ·
All,

Many of you have probably alraedy noticed that other armies are doing it, so now it's our turn.

When you're in the Tyranid or Tyranid Army List sub forum near the top of the window is a little text which looks like this:

Tyranids The Great Beast Has Come; The Devourer of Worlds.

And... now it's your chance to offer suggestions to get it changed :)

So, think of something cool, something witty. Maybe some fluff you really like. Maybe something which you feel captures the unrelenting and merciless nature of the Swarm.

We'll get ideas together, and if it's close, we'll have a poll.

*goes back to attacking pretty girls with his tentacles*

#3 ·
Tyranids - A Carnifex is for more than just Christmas.

Tyranids - The horror... the horror...

Tyranids - you ain't seen nothing yet.

#4 ·
I've noticed that with other armies the best usually seem to come straight from the book, and as such prehaps we should start there? I don't have mine handy so I'll pop some toughts on this later but there is something I had noticed.

one not from the book but from play could be
"Still proving Flamer Templates should really be called Fly Swayers"
-or-
some thoughts from the "Imperial Infantrymans Uplifting Primer - Damocles Gulf Edition"
"The Tyranid as Stupid creatures with no consept of self preservation"
"The Tyranid are numerous but weak"
"Remeber - SHOOT THE BIG ONES"
"Abominations"

hahaha... I love that book, so full of... Imperialness

#8 ·
"...and in the beast's fathomless, black eyes, I saw an endless hunger that could not, and will not be stopped."

To those of thinking, they are abominations. To those of killing, they are perfection.

I brought the armies of a thousand worlds to bear, and still the beast outnumbered us.

"...they just kept coming..."

In all my travels I never had seen beasts so terrible...so perfect.

#11 ·
This one.

After we get a bunch of these, maybe pick the best and set up a poll so we can vote on it. Just a suggestion.
Yeah the rest of them were good but after i read them again they didn't have the same flair.

"An immortal hunger... It is this we cannot kill." Is a quote by Tigurius i beleive, and he has more of an understanding of Tyranids than anyone. It is believed that he actually made a brief contact with the Hive Mind, and as such would be quite qualified to make this assesment.

#16 ·
Tyranids - Munch Munch Munch
Tyranids - Why cant we have flying guards?!?!
Tyranids - In space, no one can hear you scream
Tyranids - 'cos 6 limbs are better than 4
Tyranids - Im bored at work while writing these
Tyranids - Damn those hanky waving poofters
Tyranids - Too many models, not enough paint
Tyranids - The jaws of destruction
Tyranids - Naughty little munchkins
Tyranids - I cant think of any more

#18 ·
I'd like something simple too, like:

"We hunger..." or
"The devourer of worlds"

although the: "...and in the beast's fathomless, black eyes, I saw an endless hunger that could not, and will not be stopped." quote was nice too.

Tyranids fluff is tough because it must almost always be done from any other race's point of view. I think Moloch's site had some interesting fluff, I'll check it to see if there's a good quote there.

#21 ·
A few of my own, the first is more of a permutation though.

Tyranids: You're whats for dinner.
Tyranids: And you thought you were hungry.
Tyranids: Making a new generation fear Godzilla.
Tyranids: Our brainbugs fight back.
Tyranids: Where Ld doesn't matter.
Tyranids: Leave nothing behind
Tyranids: Our meatwall is scary.
Tyranids: Our bodies will blot out the sun.

On a more serious note:

Tyranids: The most dangerous enemy is the silent devourer.
Tyranids: The neverending swarm.
Tyranids: Leaving only death and dust in their wake.
Tyranids: Their name is Legion.
Tyranids: Kryptman was right, the only hope is in death. (someone can feel free to correct the spelling on that)
Tyranids: Hunger, you can't reason with it, only be consumed by it
Tyranids: Hunger incarnate.

#24 ·
Naturally we don't have to change it.

If people still want the current one, that's fine... although I strongly suspect something will be done about the arbitrary capitalisation. ^_^

#26 ·
I like the current on, but also the: "An immortal hunger... It is this we cannot kill." is also nice.
But I'd change 'we' to 'they' ;)

If I had to vote between the too, I'll be pick the codex text from 3rd edition, which is:
"The Great Beast is come. Devourer of Worlds" (yes, it sais 'is' on the codex)
We only have to make a slight change to the current one ;)

#34 · (Edited)
"The Great Beast is come." is actually correct English. It's a form that's not used very often and conveys a more formal air, such as the Imperium would use.

Perhaps this is obvious to everybody else and I am a fool. But could someone please tell me what 'Nom' means?:sidefrown:
"Nom nom" is the Internet's onomatopoeia for eating. Think Cookie Monster.

Here's an example of nom nom, towards the end. YouTube - Cookie Monster.

#28 ·
On a lighter note -

Tyranids: The gift that keeps on giving.
Tyranids: We're for biomass consolidation.
Tyranids: Your genes are better off with us. I promise.

On a heavier note -

Tyranids: A living tide of death.
Tyranids: Innumerable. Inexorable. Unstoppable.

Honestly though I do like the one on there now, or maybe a variant of it.

#30 ·
Firstly, "If it isnt broke, fix it 'till it is".

Now then. As regards forum subtitles...

Inquisitor Kryptmann - "I hate them for what the are and for what they may one day become. I hate them not because they hate us, but because they are incapable of good, honest human hatred"

But that might be a bit long.

#31 ·
I tend to agree with the general opinion that our current one (once the capitalization issue is fixed) is very good, but I would suggest we should still put up a true poll and include that in the choices.

That said, I also have one more suggestion:

Tyranids: The only way to make "Nom Nom" scary.

#32 ·
I think the current one is nice too...the only thing I think should be changed is the "The Great Beast Has Come (semicolon)" bit in front of it. Just plain "The Devourer of Worlds" is good enough.

#37 ·
Cookies will never be a sometimes food! /riot

On another note, I also think we're ready for a poll. We should probably narrow it down to just a few though, i'd say 5-6 of them tops.

My List:
An immortal hunger... It is this we cannot kill.
The great beast is come; The devourer of worlds.
The devourer of worlds.
Innumerable. Inexorable. Unstoppable.

I've contributed my own though so my list might be biased. I supose i'll leave it to somone else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.