instinct? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: instinct?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

instinct?

would it be possible fluff wise for a hive ship of behemoth to overcome the will of the hivemind through sheer basic instinct and evoloution through its space travels that it could overcome the hive mind and then turn back and drift through space eternally etc?

i was wondering this because i have painted in behemoth colours and i would like some interesting fluff for them.

thanks in advance

making; Land Raider Wildfire
    painting; Gruesome death competetion figures

Space Marine chapter Emporers Swords

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

The only way for that to happen is to have every synapsecreature destroyed which also removes your ability to make new nids as there no longer norn queens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh well that ruins that then doesnt it lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't have to base it in the most recent times fluff-wise. You can set your army during the Hive fleet Behemoth age if you so wish. If everybody who painted their Nids in the style of a Hive Fleet and said, oh wait i can't because the Fleets gone, then there would be no Nid players would there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Perhaps your hive ship crashed onto an uninhabited planet and have spent a few centuries rebuilding its force and letting the ship heal itself and is just not re entering space. There is plenty of scope for the colour scheme too, most people say their nids are the colour they are because of what they most recently ate.

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

there is ever possibliity of a Behemoth splitner fleet haveing been lost outside the eastern fringe or within imperila space and it sonly now re emerging/returning/getting there.
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

183 (x3)

Yeah, there is a whole section of the codex of fleets that have gone off course for one reason or another and landed on a planet and evolved separately (one that got spit out near the Eye of Terror comes to mind), so stranger things have happened, just no documented accounts of non-Synapse Hive Ships as far as I know.

But yeah, if people didn't play a color scheme they liked just because the fleet was wiped out (at least mostly) would eliminate any Behemoth or non-splinter Kraken color schemes, and Leviathan would be a lot more common, even though they are stuck fighting Orks right now.

There is a lot of wiggle room in Tyranids because it is hypothesized that the three main Hive Fleets that have attacked currently are only the vanguard of the whole of the Hive Mind's force, so you can pull colors out of your ass if you want to (thats pretty much what I did, black skin, gray carapace, and blue scythes don't really match up with the main Hive Fleets, but I still play 'em).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

189 (x8)

And there's even more room given that 3 new hivefleets have emerged.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Just as the Tyranid organisms range from gargantuan to microscopic, the hive fleet / splinter fleet breakdown is just a different dimension of the Tyranid ecosystem. The hive fleets are of course the primary predation forms for the swarm, but if/when they are dispersed, their subunits adopt an ever-increasing range of survival strategies: hibernation and normal-space drifting between the stars, quick raids on nearby planets, infesting spacehulks and all the rest. These subunits are driven to evolve fast in whatever hostile environments they end up in. They may retain the original colouration of their hive fleet, evolve advantageous colouration for their new environments, or allow random mutation to recolour them in the pursuit of more difficult genetic changes.

These 'scout infestations' also fight with each other when they can, in order to battle-test their acquired traits, for the greater power of the swarm.

This is why at tournaments you seldom see two Tyranid armies with the same colour scheme!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks alot i now have alot of new ideas for colour schemes and fluff etc btw what are the new hive fleets i havent heard of them yet?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast