HQ's A question on the special Characters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

HQ's A question on the special Characters

I'm thinking about using Shadowsun and Aun'va together.

1. Is there anything in the rules that says I wouldn't be able to do this?

2. Hopefully Aun'va wouldn't die, but supposing he did, would all of my units within range of Shadowsun be able to use her leadership on that fateful test?

3. Do you think an army without any skimmers would work?

Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure on the special character rules myself. Since 4E was already on its way out the door when I started playing, I never picked up that book.

However, an army without skimmers can most certainly work. Skimmers are very powerful units however, and you will be sacrificing lots of speed, and power if you do not take them.

That said however, XV88 broadsides, and XV8 crisis suits can provide an ample supply of anti-vehicle to your army. But, you will be sacrificing seeker missiles, Devilfish (Troop Transports), Hammerheads (Ion cannons and rail gun submunition rounds), and Skyray Missile Defence units. In favor of a very static army list.

If you want to play static Tau, I believe that forgoing the skimmers is possible, just be aware that you will be restricting your own mobility quite a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

That should be fine, and yes, an army without skimmers will work
    Avatar's Arena #3 let the games begin!
    The Outsider And Kae'Tyr-necron fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No skimmers might work in 5th now that enemies can't consolidate into a new assault, but really, you're not going to collect this army just because you like the infantry, are you? Tau tanks are pure plastic awesome.

EDIT: I only answered the third question. I can't think of anything that would stop you from using Aun'va and Shadowsun together, but try proxying Aun'va in a couple games before you buy him - there's a good chance you'll change your mind. In response to question 2 - yes.
    Last edited by Ausare; June 24th, 2008 at 20:11.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Q1: No, nothing. Aun'va promoted her as the next "saviour" of the Tau, or something like that, so fluff-wise they would be a logical combination. The same could not be said about an Aun'va-Farsight amalgamation though.
    Q2: Yes. Her rules say that they can. There is no caveat about the Price of Failure or whatever included. Fluff-wise I guess that once she had rallied herself, she would be an inspiring presence for her troops.
    Q3: Yes, no problem. "Mobile Infantry" is certainly a viable alternative, especially when led by Shadowsun.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread