New to Eldar Newish to the Game. Army list help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Eldar Newish to the Game. Army list help

Alrighty there fellas! As the title says im new to the eldar thing and newish to the game. I've been follwing the game since i was atleast 6. For 14 years i've read the books bought the codex and rule books. I've studied the fluff and goten to know the characters toa fullness. Never though have i picked up a model or decided (follishly enough) to learn the rules. Now however i've discoverd afew of my mates have taken an intrest in the hobby. Long story short..well kinda. With a job under my belt and friends who play im going to pick it up for real.

I've decided to go for eldar. A small specalised force. Each until knowing exactly what its roll is.

The army list I've decided to go with is:
    10 dire avengers including Exarch with power weapon and shimmer shield and bladestorm power.

6 striking scorpion with exarch, scorpions claw and shadowstrike skill.

1 vyper with bright lance.

6 fire Dragons with exarch with fire pike and tank hunter skill.

10 howling banshes with exarch with executioner and war shout power.

10 guardians including starcannon and warlock with conceal a witchblade and shuriken pistol.

Farseer with guide, doom, singing spear, runes of witnessing and spirit stones.

Wraithlord with Wraithblade.

Falcon with pulse laser and scatter laser and vectored engines and holofields.

5 rangers

2 Dark Reapers with one Exarch with tmpest launcer.

If iv done my calculations right this should be a 1637 point army...give or take. It seems like a nice well rounded force able to take on my mates armys. them being space wolfs, black templars, raven guard, IG, Necrons and orcs.

If i've missed anything out that you guys think would help then please let me know. An autarch would be nice but help with him would be very very greatfuly recieved.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would make a few changes

10 dire avengers including Exarch with power weapon and shimmer shield and bladestorm power.
    (drop the shimmer shield and grab 2 shuri pistols or change bladestorm to defend. the key is to specialize, and stick with it. eldar can't be close combat and range as well as some other armies.

6 striking scorpion with exarch, scorpions claw and shadowstrike skill.

1 vyper with bright lance.
    (i would drop the vyper because of low BS)

6 fire Dragons with exarch with fire pike and tank hunter skill.
    (put these guys in a wave serpant with star engines and bright lances)

10 howling banshes with exarch with executioner and war shout power.

10 guardians including starcannon and warlock with conceal a witchblade and shuriken pistol.
    (i'v tried the starcannon with gaurdians, and it just doesnt work. go scatter laser)

Farseer with guide, doom, singing spear, runes of witnessing and spirit stones.

Wraithlord with Wraithblade.
    (wraithlords dont have enough attacks for my taste so i go with bright lance and missle lancher if you want anti tank or scatter laser and star cannon for anti infanty)

Falcon with pulse laser and scatter laser and vectored engines and holofields.

5 rangers
    (upgrade to pathfinders)

2 Dark Reapers with one Exarch with tmpest launcer.
    (min squad of 3 and take fast shot)

(for an autarch i'd say power weapon, fusion gun and mandiblasters and but him with your fire dragons so he's in front and can help protect the fire dragons in hth)

(this setup should put you around 1500 so i hope you like it, i know i do)
    "stupid overtime zombie virus."
    "I'm glad that worked. Those would have been horrible last words."

+ Reply to Thread