New Wargear Idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching the last samuria i thought thatit would be really cool if the Tau had some kind of elite samuria unit.
    but Tau know that this unit would always get hashed so they would bother training it. But perhaps the Tau would realise that they need something to help their Shas'la in CC, so i came up with this,
    Shas Blade: This sword counts as an extra CCW in combat and has
    the following special rule; The blades are plasma sharpened and any model that is wounded recieves -1 armour save, this can be used by Shas'ui team leaders and ethereals

[/QUOTE]If your the last man standing, your not fighting hard enough.[QUOTE]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

You could borrow the rules from the Orc choppa and have it restrict armor saves to no better than 4+.
    Or just call it a power weapon.
    Or just accept the fact that Tau shouldn’t need close combat equipment and should start pulling the trigger faster.

I think a "Close combat Drone" would be fun. Perhaps a drone with a saw blade spinning around the bottom. This would fit Tau fluff about not wanting to engage in close combat, as they would send in their drones to do it.

Or a war gear item that would allow the unit to withdraw from close combat once per game? Perhaps a pulse flare launcher or something.

-GM
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn&#39;t have it as a power weapon, as i thought that that to specailist for Tau to spend so much effort developing it. I like the idea about the pulse flare, perhaps it could a one use wargear item that blinds any unit in combat with Tau, and means the Tau unit can leave the combat while everyone else is wandering round wondering why they have white spots in their eyes. :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you heard of the Katana sword from the fire warrior book? You could try using that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ve read the book but it only talks about a knife? whats this Katana soposed to be for?
    Idea for Samuria Shas&#39;ui team

ws:3
    bs:3
    s:3
    t:3
    w:1
    a:3
    ld:8
    sv:4+

Equip: Pulse carbines, Shas blades,Photon gren.
    1 shas&#39;ui may be upgraded to a shas&#39;vre for___pts

I was thinking firewarriors with to bare head with the PC stuck to their backs, and those cool little flag things from The L Samurai, and convert the hands to carry a Katana like blade. what do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good. Maybe do the Fire caste symbol on the flags, and maybe make the shas/katana swords really good, but perhaps not as good as power weapons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the fire warriors are fine right now. this is why they get photon gernades to help fend off the cc trops. i do like the idea of giving the shas&#39;ui a power wepon or something and that pulse flare is also a great idea. Mabye make a cc elite choice like the SM veteran assult squad. Give it jump packs with special combat wepon and a pulse pistol. jump from cover to cover and save helpless firewarriors from the dreaded close combat&#33;
    Tau&#39;Va :a
    If you charge a bunker and die, its called being reckless, but if you charge the bunker and win, it&#39;s heroic&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm, as much as that would be cool, it just woulednt make sense, tau are for the greater good and it would be a bit too inhumaine to be choping someon up with a sword. but i have to say last samuri is a totally geat movie, i just bought it&#33;
    Quote of the week: &quot;dude, for a whole hour, i would fall asleep&#33;&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your going to have cc troops for tau you could just get battlesuits with shield generators and power swords like O&#39;Shavah, but if you did theyd have to have better WS stats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

You have to remember that Tau hate close combat. It is too barbaric and ugly; all of their training is based around marksmanship and tactics. Training a Tau close combat unit is opposed all the fluff in the Tau codex. The one exception is Commander Farsite, and he found some evil sword and picked it up, it was not crafted by any Tau.
    If Tau get anything in close combat it should be a way to escape combat, hence the Photon flare. I can totally see some battle suites using up a hard point to equip a flare launcher to help them escape close combat.

:: Photon Flares - Takes up one hard point, allows the crisis team to make a 3D6 fall back move at the end of any close combat round, and immediately re-group. One use only.

You would sacrifice one gun or support item for a team to allow them one get out of jail free card. This will allow them to escape combat only after the first round of fighting, so they will still take some damage.
    -GM
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast