Can Raveners Have Devourers? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said, can they, and should they?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Look it up for yourself on codex tyranids, page 14.

Generally i think that scything talons and rending claws are the best weapons for a ravener.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sent away for the codex, but it hasn't arrived yet. Please just give me a yes-or-no

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

I'm afraid i can't tell you, it's copyrighted information.

If you bought a ravager and want to assemble it, well, then scythes and rending claws are the best choice anyway.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I bought raveners with devouerers already attached, because 15 bucks for 4 sounded like a good deal. I'd like to know now so that I can get a return if I have to before the guy leaves for Tahiti tomorrow afternoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the deal then, yes. Like Archon said, rending and ST are by far the best combination for raveners. However, given their stats and the stats they give to the devourer, they are one of the few nids that you should considering giving the gun too (The other being a hive tyrant but there are much better combinations for the tyrant to outweigh the value of this biogun on him)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

errrrrrr. yup. I they can get nasty too. High shots per model ratio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Agree with AA, ScyTal + RenClw is the way to go with Raveners. I find them too fragile to spend on oftentimes ineffective shooting.

Better to charge, rip the enemy up and try to weather the retaliation... They're slightly more likely to do so in CC.

Although if You stick them to cover... Nah. They're so fast their best job is fast CC LOS-blockers or backup for other creatures.

IMO, anyway.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the devourers are better on the raveners as in a unit of 4 raveners thats 24 shots ST3 BS3 or 4 extra rending claw hits as well as u might not have to charge the unit and worry about retaliation if u kill them with the devourer first against big guys u r better of with the scything talons but if u dont kill the guy with the other 3 attacks per model using rending claws possibly your raveners shouldn't be in combat with that unit.

well thats my thoughts neway.....

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."-Albert Einstein

Closed Thread