July 5th Portcon Apoc Battle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Maine, USA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

128 (x4)

July 5th Portcon Apoc Battle

Alright guys, I've only played one game of apocalypse before, and it was cut incredibly short. I've got about 4000 points worth of Tau that I can field, and on the Tau side there will be an additional 7000 points of Tau, several thousand points of kroot, another couple thousand points of Tau, and a Barracuda. We're playing a battle against IG/Marines, and that's about all I know. Here's what I have for models:

1 Aun'shi
    1 ethereal
    12 Crisis suits
    9 Stealth suits
    48 Fire Warriors
    8 Pathfinders
    16 Gun Drones
    20+ Shield Drones
    10 Broadsides
    7 Tanks (enough bits for 3 skyrays, 5 hammerheads, and 7 devilfish)

I know there are strategems, formations and so forth, and I would like your advice on how to equip and field my units in such a large, cooperative game, which strategems to take, what to prioritize etc. Apoc. is quite a different game from the 2000 point battles that I am used to.

My gaming group's new motto: That army you're using is overpowered because it hurts my guys, codex is broken and needs a rewrite.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

82 (x1)

I'm not sure what kind of board you play on, but me and my friends use a 15 foot x 15 foot floor... in this scenario, you will want to take the devilfish apoc formation as well as the pirhana one. Strategic redeployment is your friend in a large game as you'll never get anywhere fast moving 12" a turn.... and deepstrike deepstrike deepstrike

+ Reply to Thread