What is your favorite army to fight against? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

What is your favorite army to fight against?

Hi,

Just thougt that i would throw this one out there for fun... and was curious what people find to be the army they love facing on the table top... I know its a bit of a broad stroke.

For a challenge I always enjoy fighting Craftworld eldar as it become a great battle of tactics and trying to mismatch your units with theirs.

I also enjoy fighting necrons for their lack of speed and being able to run rings and out ranging them with our guns... just after you take down their destroyers that is...

So what armies do you guys like fighting and why?

There is nothing more annoying when your Wyches with Plasma Grenades get "Always strikes First" for their combat drugs!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Grey Knight heavy Daemonhunters. I love having more power weapon attacks than the enemy has men on the board
    Kabal of the Twilight Blade - Host of Tecpatl - Salamanders 3rd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

For the Easy Win:
    Tank heavy space marines - lances make this a nice autopilot game, I don't even have to use tactics
    Terminator heavy space marines - mobile disintegrators and lances and superior range make this almost as easy as the first one
    Drop Guard (all or most units deep strike) - just mob him piecemeal, very easy to make CC against this army and they are dissintegrator bait as they drop in

For a good challenge:
    Eldar with Falcons
    6 Dakka Fex Tryanids with Choir

Mission Impossible:
    Orcs
    Mechanized Tau
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

My favorites are:
    - Orcs since battles devolve in to a massive slugfest between them and my incubi/wyches Besides, I like getting a chance to use all the dice I have at once
    - Sisters of Battle: I generally play fairly heavy assault armies so their short range makes for intersting battles that don't result in me being blown out of the sky early on
    - Chaos: Requires the most thinking and planning on my part to play against.

Least Favorite:
    - Tau/Guard: STOP SHOOTING ME DANG IT.
    /WHAO/TH-/HEL/DAO/KWRAO/TH*EUPBG/KWR-/PH-/STPH
    /TP-/KWRAO/K-/RAOED/THEUS/THEPB/WAOE/SH-D/KHAT/SPHAOEUPL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

All this has been based on 4th edition as I havent played 5th jet.

Most easy win:
    -Spave marines, guess I should befeat any marine army. Most marine armies just dont have enough fire power to destroy all my raiders.
    -Necrons: they lack heavy weapons to blow up my raiders and I have enough AP2 weapons to blast them all the way back to their tomb worlds.
    -Blanced nid armies

Nice chalenge:
    -Chaos: just to many fearless units, all my horrorfexes are useless!!!
    -Eldar: damm heavy skimmer.
    -Nidzilla

Least favorite:
    -Tau, to many guns. Seeing ur entire armie explode before u have even moved isnt funnie.
    -Guards, to many guns again.
    A tear is only water, and a sigh is only air.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Eldar: Not for the challenge but for the fluffy awesomeness factor of what happens...
    2) Orks, because they're orks
    3) Static Space Marines: ehehehehe I run around, use terrain, they can't shoot me then I assault and victory is mine!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

What would I love to face off against?

Gotta agree with Dracon Bob, Grey Knights as they have the biggest egos and the bigger they are the harder they fall!
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by wickywacky1 View Post
    What would I love to face off against?

Gotta agree with Dracon Bob, Grey Knights as they have the biggest egos and the bigger they are the harder they fall!
    Its funny I fight Grey Knights on a regular basis and its not funny... its like matching up the Brazilian football team aginst PNGs football team...

Dark Eldar serverly out numbers, out shoots, out moves and out assaults them... there is no phase of a game that grey knights can beat you on.

The beauty of fighting them is that you don't feel so bad taking incubi because they cost the same as a standard grey knight anyway... interestingly my friend is quite a solid player and hold his own against most armies... mention the word dark eldar and watch his face turn white and his hands start to temble...

He actually has come to love dark eldar himself and I have come close to turning him to a dark eldar player but he is waiting till the new codex, so in the meantime he is going with Slannesh daemon army... now there is a close combat challenge for wyches...
    There is nothing more annoying when your Wyches with Plasma Grenades get "Always strikes First" for their combat drugs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Tau
    2) IG
    3).... whatever you can throw at me

idk about the rest of you, but i personally love playing against IG and Tau. i can either pump them full of splinters or chop them to bits (and i often do both in a given game), and when its all said and done theres only a unit or two fleeing the board. granted i play a deep striking army so i drop right on top of them and blow half of their army to hell on the turn we start landing... but thats besides the point.

only army i dislike is the new Chaos demons... 2 total deepstrike armies facing off... the first turn or two go by pretty fast, and it degrades into a brutal free for all in the center =/
    "War is crulity. It is of no use trying to reform it. The cruler it is, the faster its over." William Sherman

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Personally I rather like playing against a gaunt horde - it really tests your mettle as a DE player (same goes for an Ork horde).

Ironically my hardest opponent is a "codex" blood angel force (needless to say I understand why both DA and BA cost several points increases for their tactical squads).

Though I did once beat a mostly mech tau force in a single turn (which included a unit of wyches in cover getting rapid fired by fire warriors and not a single one falling!).

+ Reply to Thread