why are warhammer miniatures so tasty? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why are warhammer miniatures so tasty?

Weird title I know...this is just kind of a silly off topic post (please don't ban me!) I just had my models out while I was trying to draw my Lictor and my kitten came out of no where and just starts nibbling on a tail, an arm anything she could get a hold of and everytime I shooed her away she sneaks right back....

My question to Games Workshop is: why did you make your models so appealing to pets?

My question to other players: have you ever lost a model to a pet/animal and if so would you share your story?

"Ohm nom nom nom"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x3)

Yup, my dog just loves to grab Gaunts and such right out of the toolbox while I am distracted, painting or coverting and such, and just nibble on it... So far I have only been too late on one poor Termagaunt, but I do wonder why he goes straight for them, maybe the smell of the glue? I know mine smells like lemons...
    Last edited by Tarnag; June 30th, 2008 at 04:04.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we should be thankful pets don't understand point value...well my Kitten did go straight for my lictor rather then the gaunt right next to it. Poor little termigaunt
    "Ohm nom nom nom"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

183 (x3)

Yeah, two of my Carnifexes and my Tyrant were sitting on the couch next to it, so I think he knows im not a fan of Gaunts, I still miss it though...

But if you do get anything chewed up beyond all recognition (chubar) you can always give them to friends for base decorations. Mine ended up looking deformed so I used some plastic melting glue and a paperclip to make it look like he was burned, so he is gonna go on one of my brother's Sorcerers' bases.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh limited edition battle damage versions
    "Ohm nom nom nom"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

183 (x3)

Heh, yeah, well he destroyed the base and legs of it, so its just a poor shriveled shell of the Termagaunt it once was... perfect for Ahriman to be based on.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

My cat likes to go for my models. Not only Tyranids as I keep them out of his reach. However to get my attention he swatted a Khorne berserker to the floor and broke it's backpack. The cat also sent a Chaos spawn onto the floor and I didn't find it for years, just vanished! Not to mention on more than one occasion the cat has walked all over the gaming table with a battle in progress, barging through broods and pushing aside tanks like a massive high-speed biotitan.

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x5)

Their miniatures are infused with the concentrated tears of their veteran gamers.

This causes them to have the bittersweet taste that can only be the result of thousands of wasted dollars, broken hopes when new editions and codices blow, etc.

Cats, being inherently evil, find this utterly irresisitable. Dogs, being inherently good but somewhat immature creatures (and diametrically opposed to cats), like to eat or hide them in order to keep them away from cats.

Yes, cats feed on the concentrated, bittersweet tears of the warhammer world of gamers, and GW is the peddler of this abominable drug.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

183 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Leech View Post
    My cat likes to go for my models. Not only Tyranids as I keep them out of his reach. However to get my attention he swatted a Khorne berserker to the floor and broke it's backpack. The cat also sent a Chaos spawn onto the floor and I didn't find it for years, just vanished! Not to mention on more than one occasion the cat has walked all over the gaming table with a battle in progress, barging through broods and pushing aside tanks like a massive high-speed biotitan.
    Lol, my dogs like to walk all over the field when I play, we usually can stop him, but we joke that he is the balance machine, knocking down my 'fexs so its "fair". Bah...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

my friend's dog attacked his razorback and all he could salvage from it was half of the tank along with the lascannon turret. poor tank....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast