Librarium Online Forums banner

Army Composition

430 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SimulatedSnowman 
#1 ·
Hello there!:act-up:

I've decided to go with eldar as my new project and with the 5th edition coming up I'd say it is quite a good time to start.

So I sat here the other day with my codex to find out what's legal and what's not for a 1500p. army but I didn't understand much of it. What's a "standard mission"? Just a pitched battle? And ain't there any differences of what I can field in a 1500p. battle compared to a 400p. battle?

Thanks,:soldier:

#2 ·
Eldar have no restrictions for fielding characters like some other races. That being said, we have to construct everything very efficiently to be of any use on the field to begin with. In a small game you have to prioritize what is most important to be prepared for. Eldar aren't as hardy as the other races being low in number and relatively low armor save on most things. The eldar's strength lies in precision attacks and being THE BEST in their chosen field and having no wasted points.

So in short, there are no "restrictions" except the force org chart but you may want to keep in mind that eldar are quite restricted in what they can do at low point games.

#3 ·
I believe that a "Standard Mission" is defined as a mission that requires you to take at least 1 HQ and 2 Troops mandatory. This could range from a 400 point to a 2000 point game, as long as those three choices are filled and the rest is filled with whatever.

Missions that are non-standard would be like Kill Team and Apocalypse games, where there aren't FOC restrictions, but there are other rules in place to organize your list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.