starting orkz what do i need - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

starting orkz what do i need

ok im starting orks and i have a $300 budget i was gonna start with 2 battle forces which would be $180 then i would hav $120 left to put into other things

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on what you want to play.

If you want footslogging infantry, you need masses of Boyz, that means 100 pieces and more. You'll need them to run through the enemy's fire and still reach his lines in an acceptable number. Be sure to have a Nob with powerclaw in every Boyz' Mob.

If you want to fire up your engines, then you need a Pikkup Truk for every twelve Boyz. You should start with four or five Trukks so you still have enough firing units when one breaks down.

If you intend to buy the battleforce twice, then add more Trukks and one additional box with Warbikez so you have 9 of them. Finally, get a healthy unit of Lootaz because moving accross the battle field feels definitely better with some support coming from behind one's back. As for HQ characters I find the Weirdboyz and the Bigmek with Kustom Forcefield the most useful.
    "Fear not and look up to the sky for salvation, for we have entered orbit."
    Blood Angels 2nd Grail Guard Company

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something mentioned on another thread is 'Da Green Tide' box set. 100 boyz that (judging from the box cover) can be upgraded to the heavy weaponry and maybe even nobz (still awaiting the confirmation on that). The thread was Getting into 40K if you want to check up on it some more, since there is some really good advice there.

At any rate 100 boyz and a warboss for $175 means you're getting the boyz at about $1.50 each as opposed to the $2 they usually go for (again ripping this info straight from that thread and thanks crazyrger for number crunching for me ^.-). Also depending on what you want as an HQ you at least have a warboss to start playing with so you could already start playing some lower point value games to see which direction you want to take your army.

However, those box sets are really nice to have too since they have a trukk and some bikers which some people swear by.
    "Orks have to be followers of Nurgle! They're green, smell bad, and just want to spread the fun!"

+ Reply to Thread