Warp Spider PL brainstorm - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warp Spider PL brainstorm

I dont know about you guys, but I love the Warp Spider aspect ad feel that they got screwed out of a Pheonix Lord. If you could make a Warp Spider PL how would you do it?

2 spinarette rifles, mounted on prosthetic limbs similar to the exarchs death spinners, Poisoned powerblades(you know...spiders...poison...), and Inv save to represent his mastery of flowing in and out of the warp, An ability that makes his squad immune to losing members to the warp. And the ability to sacrifice all attacks to make one attack in close combat where the PL actually takes the target(non-monstrous creature, and non-vehicle) and drops him off in the warp removing target as a casualty.

I think thatd be alright, any other ideas?

Biel-Tan Eldar
    3000+ points

3-0-1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

I say, 8 limbs, to really show it's a spider!

So 2 legs, 4 arms with spinnerets and his own arms with blades.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

I like the idea of transporting an opponent to the warp.

But the dual spinnarette rifles seems over the top/unecessary, and poisoned powerblades don't make much sense to me.

Preventing spiders from being lost to the warp is a viable option, but I would make it a re-roll instead of blanket immunity to the dangers of warp-jumping.

If I were to make a pheonix lord, I would probably go with something like this:

I would give him dual deathspinners (not spinnarette rifles) and power blades. I would give him the surprise attack and withdraw exarch powers. "But that's no different than an exarch"

You're right. So to make it special I would add the following:

I would also give him the 'eternal warrior' special rule.

Flawless Jump: The pheonix lord's experience with the shifting eddies of the empyrean allow him to navigate the warp with greater proficiency, leading his disciples through the dangersous currents of the immaterium. When making a warp jump during the assault phase, the player may choose to re-roll the dice to determine the distance traveled, or the loss of a squad member. The player must accept the results of the re-roll, even if worse.

Warp Shift: The phoenix lord may disappear into the warp, only to return to prey upon his victims. During the movement phase remove the phoenix lord from the table. If he is leading a squad of warp spiders, they must accompany him. They may disappear in this manner even if locked in close combat. On the following turn, the warp spider phoenix lord (and attached squad) may re-enter play via deep strike as though coming in via reserves. If a 1 is rolled the squad may not enter play that turn, and 1 model must be removed from play.

What do you think?

Does it have merit?

Respectfully,
    --Forsaken
    * "I'm Significant!" -screamed the dust speck
    * "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i like that warp shift ability, and the re-rolling makes a bit more sense than just plain immunity, it is the warp after all. The only issue i have with your is that he has no special weapons, hes loaded out just like an exarch. All the other pheonix lords have some sort of outstanding wargear that outclasses even that of the exarchs. Maugen Ra- Maugetar Jain Zar- The silent death or whatever the super triskele is called. Karandras- Scorpions Bite. Fuegan - Fire axe, and I cant remember Baharroth, i think its just a souped up Hawks talon, and Asurmen- the super diresword.
    Biel-Tan Eldar
    3000+ points

3-0-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Tell me if I am wrong, but isn't Naois the Warp Spider Phoenix Lord? Or is he some kinda... local Kaelor lgendary uber-spider? If he is Lord, the we have half our job done...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

These are my two cents. In addition to the Exarch Powers he should have these:

Arachnoskeletal Armour- This is a suit of armour giving the wearer the benefits of a 2+ save, and incorporates a Warp Jump Generator, two sets of Dual Death Spinners, and The Spider's Fangs. This suit allows the wearer to fire both of his Dual Death Spinners in the shooting phase (for a total of 8 shots) at the same time.

The Spider's Fangs- These are a set of Power Blades which act as normal Power Blades, with the exception that for every wound caused by the wielder, they cause D3 wounds (this only effects multi wound models), as their serated edges tear through hapless flesh. In addition, The Spider's Fangs never require worse than a 5+ to wound.

*Quoted from Forsaken2544, with one word changed*

Flawless Jump: The pheonix lord's experience with the shifting eddies of the empyrean allow him to navigate the warp with greater proficiency, leading his disciples through the dangersous currents of the immaterium. When making a warp jump during the assault phase, the player may choose to re-roll the dice to determine the distance traveled, or the loss of a squad member. The player must accept the results of the re-roll, even if worse.

Warp Shift: The phoenix lord may disappear into the warp, only to return to prey upon his victims. During the movement phase remove the phoenix lord from the table. If he is leading a squad of warp spiders, they may accompany him. They may disappear in this manner even if locked in close combat. On the following turn, the warp spider phoenix lord (and attached squad) may re-enter play via deep strike as though coming in via reserves. If a 1 is rolled the squad may not enter play that turn, and 1 model must be removed from play.

*end quoting*

As for the grab an enemy and disappear into the warp, I have a plan you see.

I cant think of a name, but for the rulings:

If the Phoenix Lord hits with four or more of it's attacks in the assault phase, it can choose a single enemy model in base to base contact and transport him into the warp! (No need to declare beforehand, this is an option you can elect to use if you score enough hits). The Phoenix Lord scores no other hits if it transports an enemy, it is entirely occupied teleporting to the empyrean and back. The swallowed model is removed as a casualty, no armour or invulnerable saves apply and wargear such as bionics cannot save the victim. The following cannot be Transported:

-Models with an unmodified toughness of 5 or more.
    -Monstrous Creatures
    -Anything with an armour value

Just some stuff on the spot, what to we think?

~{Archy}~
    omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread