Warboss idea for my army, rules+conversion ideas. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Warboss idea for my army, rules+conversion ideas.

Hi, I've not touched warhammer or my orks for well more than a year now, and I just got the new codex yesterday.

I realized quickly that I will need a new warboss; my old model has Choppa+Power klaw, bless him. Now, I went out to find the awesomest warboss combination with the upcoming 5th ed rules in mind.

Warboss 165 pts

Power klaw, Kombi shoota/skorcha, Warbike, 'Eavy armor, Cybork body, Attack squig, Bosspole.

Pretty pumped up, the rumors say that in 5th ed, models with power fists will not gain an extra attack for having another ccw or pistol unless the other weapon is also a power fist (a power klaw "counts as a power fist in all respects"). Well that's fun for Marneus Calgar, but it makes a slugga rather pointless. Could as well have something nicer for few extra points, hence the Skorcha. What makes this shine however is that when he is mounted on a bike he cannot use the Waagh or run move anyway and it puts him into extremely sweet spots for using the Skorcha. He'll ride with my warbikes, alone or hidden in a squad of Boyz until it's time to charge.

Or am I missing something?

The model is going to look crazy, but I'm not sure on how to convert it. One of the new bike models as a base for sure, but then? He'll have a huuuge gun in one hand and a rude klaw in the other. An idea I have is converting a grot to pilot his bike, sitting in his lap or something. This will probably be really trixy, however.

Any suggestions how to solve this? I'm looking at basing this model on a new warbike and the warboss model with the kostum skorcha and attack squig, adding a klaw from a boyz box.

Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

A biker boss is a great way to counter-act the low Ld and low numbers typical of Biker mobs. Run him in a good sized mob backed by a PK Nob and watch them tear just about anything apart. They'll work best hitting things that can't wipe them out or are just as slow as the PK or anything vulnerable. And with Dakkaguns and a Skorcha they can be the hurt on some infantry.

As for the kunvershun, how about a sidecar on the bike carrying the Skorcha. Have it connected to a huge fuel tank and a suitably charred grot operator ready to fire. Simple and Orky. He could also have his klaw hand incorporating the Skorcha, kinda like Papa Smurf, only ridiculously large and OTT.

Hope that helps, good luck
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You won't need 'Eavy Armor, as the bike already gives you a 4+ armor save, and you shouldn't need a bosspole because all your units should already have them - other than that, solid warboss.
    Two's to kill. Ahh, sweet sweet music.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

129 (x8)

Thanks for the help. With the few choices to make in the new codex it is difficult to go wrong, it seems.

Yeah right, forgot about the armor and pole thing. Nice! That will save me XX points, and that's quite a lot of points doing nothing!

A sidecar would be a solution, dunno how I would build it though... maybe I can get a sidecar from a marine attack bike, or hell, I might just be able to scratchbuild one.

The skorcha/shoota incorporated power klaw would be awesome! The main problem is the weight though, I'll need to balance it veery carefully. Are there any bitz you would recommend?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Personally...

It might be a little expensive, but I personally made my warboss on a bike with a regular warboss, warbike and some parts from a wartrakks. Basically, th front half is a warbike, but the back half is a wartrakks. It came out really nice, although I'd only consider it if you had the spare parts for it.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

Look mum, no hands!
    The only way to make it any orkier is make him doing a wheelie while using one hand to fire and the klaw to punch some unfortunate in the face.

Should be a fun guy, and he has plenty of Dakka from the bikes guns, on the turn of the charge he can burn some guys on the way in instead.
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

129 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by omegoku View Post
    Look mum, no hands!
    The only way to make it any orkier is make him doing a wheelie while using one hand to fire and the klaw to punch some unfortunate in the face.

Should be a fun guy, and he has plenty of Dakka from the bikes guns, on the turn of the charge he can burn some guys on the way in instead.
    That would in fact be the simplest solution. Warboss model with skorcha/shoota and attack squig arms, cut in half by the waist, glued onto a pair of warbiker legs on a warbike, with a left-hand power klaw from somewhere. I think one of my Nobs have one. Snatch... then I'll take the squig and glue it to his shoulder, like a pirate would have his parrot! And cover stuff up with green stuff, and add a lot of bitz from my bitz box which I shall crank up shortly.

I don't think I have a spare wartrakk, but I might just have. I'll have to go through my leftover sprues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds really good, post some pics later on!

My take on the awesomest warboss is a mega armor one.. not as good game-wise, but I´m a die hard fan of the mega boyz so I´ll go that route.

Your boss looks set to dish out damage so good luck.
    Currently painting The Pink Slaughter (Slaanesh CSM), Waaaaagh Bigtoof (Orks) for 40k/OnePage40k and UCM Ferrum 2nd for Dropzone Commander.
    Gallery:http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/us...tiebestie.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisgrax View Post
    It might be a little expensive, but I personally made my warboss on a bike with a regular warboss, warbike and some parts from a wartrakks. Basically, th front half is a warbike, but the back half is a wartrakks. It came out really nice, although I'd only consider it if you had the spare parts for it.

I had the exact same idea.

Use the front half of a bike (including the seat for a rider/driver) and use the back half of a trakk.

The idea was that the Warboss was powerful enough that he had his own driver while he stood on the trakk taking sight of the battlefield.

(It also make it easier to convert because I wasn't trying to get one of those metal Warbosses sawn in half and having to reposition the arms to hold the handlebars correctly.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Rather than saw through the warboss and attach him to the smaller legs, you could also saw out the bosses loincloth then reposition the legs. It sounds like more of a hassle than it really is. Mind you, you'll need a double sized bike to fit him on it properly, my answer to that was to take 2 space marine bikes and turn them into a quad bike for the boss. Then you can reposition the axe hand (on the choppa shoota boss) and create a decent looking handlebar.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast