Khornate Kabal - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Khornate Kabal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khornate Kabal

ok so had the idea of using DE for sometime now, but wanted to try and get a fairly different theme going behind em.

so im going to link my kabal to khorne, how im going to do it is not yet 100% settled on but ive been having a few ideas.

think ill start it out with a dracon and his small raid party out on a slave raid to a chaos world, during the raid SOMETHING happens.

1) some kind of soul cube that they smash and disturb, releasing a trapped and enraged khorne "spirit". that desperate for some killing finds a furtile resting place in the mind of the dracon, an ex incubi master with a thing for decaps.

2) through soul absorbtion, khorne sumhow communicates with the dracon and other warriors that there is more than just one way to protect your soul from the great enemy. skulls for souls type deal.

3) the kabal is of the more blood thirsty types and its warriors are dedicated to mastery of their weapons and overcomming the enemy in strength of arms, that base and an overly ambitious dracon on a khorne dedicated world and in the fighting the eldar notice the zerkers and interogate one and learn etc...

4) discover dark texts that point out that if they are dedicated to one god another cannot take their souls.

anyway amongst the bloodbath that is the raid force turning few if any slaves actually make it back to commorragh and the blood lust and frenzy of the newly dedicated worshippers makes a fine mess of the ship and even their own members.

survivors arrive back on planet, and are summoned to Archon, to find out why they didnt bring anything back, and with such loses.

show down, dracon kills archon assumes leadership, and the kabal turns red and gold..

im filling it out but those are the super basic bare bones. open to any ideas on how to improve it or develope it.

already painted up a few in my khorny colours and they look good, so im gonna run with it no matter but if i can write it up nice and tight too thatll make me happier.

im somewhat convinced it can be done by fleeting mentions in the demonhunters codex, in the DH would fight X because.....section, makes a couple of references to this tpe of fluff in that section.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

The only parallel I have ever seen that DE might worship Khorne is the Khornate symbol on Dark Elves and since Dark Eldar are the futuristic version of Dark Elves there could be a tenuous link there I suppose.

I would look at the more complete background on Dark Elves for inspiration here, novels, Codex’s old and new, White Dwarfs and so on.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

One problem is that the Chaos powers become very weak within the webway, so whenever your archon returns home to cormorragh khorne will lose his grip on him/her.

Its better than a slanneshi background. not sure if the DE would turn that way. But your ideas are plausible with possesion and such
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

I had the same Idea a while back when reading my 3rd edition chaos codex and seeing the stuff about the gods who hate eachother, "what if some Dark Eldar purposely turned to khorne knowing that he would actively fight slaanesh for thier souls" it seemed like a cool idea to me at first and I liked the idea of Dark Eldar who were so cocky they were playing the gods themselves off against eachother.

But when I reflected on it, I just got the feeling it was playing to the aspects of dark eldar that I find kinda lame when people treat them as just a bunch of guys who kill for the sake of it, I think there's so much more depth to Dark Eldar society. So while it's not my thing, I think if it is what you want to do it's not a horrible idea.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

With a game such as 40K you could justifiably claim that every race worshipped Khorne the God of slaughter just by the act of killing.

But we all know that such generalizations are unfounded.

Dark Eldar are a hedonistic race, they worship themselves and as such align with no one. Even the Harlequins are barely tolerated and that’s only because some of them are actually Dark Eldar.

They don’t kill for the sake of it, but do so to survive the Thirst that’s been their curse since the Fall. They kill, maim and torture because they like to and they need to and not because some God says so.

To maintain their ‘old ways’ and still stave off the predations of Slaanesh they need to harvest souls as a buffer against her thirst for psychic souls. This in a way lends credence to hating Chaos and their Gods even more, but I suppose a deal could be struck with one of the gods opposed to Slaanesh (most probably Nurgle since Khorne has got in more for Tzeentch).

But there is no way Dark Eldar would ever worship Khorne, deal with him maybe but pledge fealty? No way.

That’s from an existing fluff point of view but there is nothing stopping you from creating your own.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

All eldar a psychic.

During an ill fated raid of a chaos held world (DE like raiding them for the irony of it) the world's daemon lord exerts its power and appears in the form of a vision to the dracon. However daemon like to use mortals as their playthings and said daemon appears as Khaine, goading the dracon to shed more blood to reinstate eldar as the dominate force in the galaxy.

But obviously Khaine needs to know this is happening and he requires only a few small comprimises. At "Khaines" will the dracon sacrifices many human slaves to prove his loyalty and for such a show of devotion "khaine" 'gifts' the dracon with the fury of khaine, allowing his warriors to fight even more valiantly and violently than ever before. Truly the dracon is the blessed of khaine!

+ Reply to Thread