Beating Nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Beating Nids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok outta the 3 times ive played my mate who's got nids he's beaten me every time my force is limited to
    2 units of 10 warriors
    1 necron lord wi res orb and veil of darkness
    1 c'tan nightbringer
    1 heavy destroyer
    i know its a limited force at mo but not got any money at mo tho shud get sum money soon bout £25/$44.78 any ideas on what to buy? :blink:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Destroyers. If I remember correctly, they're pretty cheap, and could be very effective. A Monolith would be nice too, an Ordinance Template is always a good thing against Nids.

If your having trouble with them rushing you too quickly, use VoD to warp behind some of their guys with a Warrior squad, open up on em, get charged, then teleport away next turn. This would also split his army up, make it arrive at your lines piecemeal.
    <a href='http://www.onpoint-marketing.com/stealth-marketing.htm' target='_blank'>The future of marketing is here&#33; Stealth Marketing&#33;</a>
    Wait, you mean that optimism isn&#39;t fashionable anymore?&#33;
    Lord of Smart-ass Youthimizzles.
    Soup&#39;s up, bitches&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

More warriors, destroyers and maybe a tomb spyder or two with a handfull of scarabs. Warriors and destroyers for firepower and to delay phase out. Tomb spyder mainly to let your guys get back up when an entire squad is wiped out in 1 turn. Scarabs to either back up the spyder or to block/distract the odd swarm of gaunts, just so they don&#39;t all hit you at the same time.

I wouldn&#39;t bother including a Nightbringer yet. He just takes up too many points in small games.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

true. 2 HQ chocies in a 1000 points game or close enough is over kill... e could phase you out by killing like 15 warriors...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

more warriors, a couple of destroyers and some immortals

a monolith would work very well to. most nid army&#39;s will have huge troubles shooting it down.
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Destroyers will really cut down his meat shields.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay throw out the ctan and the h destroyer. in place add destroyers, wraiths and immortals...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the heck is a heavy destroyer doing in your army? No nid Player has ANY fear of ONE heavy destoyer. Some advice:

Agaist Nids, you want Units that can exel in crowd control, ie engage multibe units. Not Broods, Units&#33; Destroyers are perfect for this. Use them to Kill his/her warriors. People, including me, hate that.

Use your lord to engage his small troops like gaunts. DO NOT ATTACK HIS WARRIORS WITH YOUR LORD&#33;&#33; Warriors OWN Lords. Hell, two genestealers Own A Lord...

Basically, kill his hormigaunts/Gargoyals first, and you will leave him crying.

Best of luck.

Tobias

Closed Thread