Welcome to Librarium Online!
I played against the sisters of battle for the first time. My opponent was very good, a great guy and through faith ruined my deployment by forcing me to set up first. We tried 5th ed rules.
1) What the hell do you call that pipe organ toting tank?
2) True LOS. What a pain in the arse to prove or disprove. I don't have the 5th ed rules but my skyboard Haemy, positioned six inches deep in a big multi storey cover set with loads of nooks and crannies, behind and a level above a raider got somehow singled out by the tank above and was duly pulverised by 2d6 s8 missiles.
3) We played 1500 points. I just peeked through the SoB tactica and downloaded a reference sheet. He said he had 8 faith points but I count 7 in that size game. True? He used a lot of faith to blunt my assault squads. It was an amazing ability that brought out the best in his side. Very awesome attribute!
4) Run and fleet. Um, I thought I was supposed to be the speedy guy! We get to assault after the bonus move, they don't yeah?
True LOS will prove interesting to play with.
Acts of faith I am still looking at. It's something like +1 for some squads and Characters so you will need his roster to fugure this out.
And yes, Fleet is now an assault ability which Sob's don't get.
In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.
As I play a SoB army as my alt, perhaps I can shed some light on the Battle Sisters:
1. It is called an Exorcist, and it's range is 48" ouch!
2. a laser pointer really helps figuring LOS (my 2 cents)
3. Faith points arent based on the size of the army, so mush as the units as Wicky mentioned. The HQ unit adds 1 or 2, and the Vet Sister Superiors ( the Sybarites of the SoB ) provide 1 a peice, and the Celestian squad ( one of the elites) provide 1 without a VSS. So you can typically count on 1 faith point from each SoB unit. So depending on the make-up 8 could be about right, i usually have 6 in a 1000pt list. And when the "faithful" character or unit is wiped out you do get the point back.
4. run during the shoot phase and you can not assault, thank goodness we fleet.
Last edited by Kabbala; July 19th, 2008 at 04:16. Reason: typo
Don't forget seraphim's Kabbala, they are like celestians in that they give a faith point whether they have the veteran sister superior or not.
also it's no big deal but everybody runs, fleet just allows you to assault after performing a run move, fleet isn't a different move type. It has little bearing on the flow of the game but I don't want to be playing against someone and say my wyches "run" then "assault" and have him try and pull me up on it so I educate now rather than mid game.
Thanks for all the answers!
I had a pretty good list for 1500. 2 x 14 man warrior squads, one with a skyboard Haemy lurking behind, 2x 10 man lance squads, 2 raiders, one loaded with wyches and the other with my DE lord and 4 incubi with 4 warriors to make up space. 2 taloi and a ravager rounded out my force.
My troop spam approach didn't work out so well. I really needed one more raider on the board.
Yeah, SoB will do that to you, they got a bit of a boost in this ed too.
What they excel at is short ranged firing, so you realy have to try to stay out of range and then speed into range on transports asap and get them in combat.
True they are tough nuts with their faith points, but they only have so many of them and you will beat them down in the end. Death by saving throw is great. So is the talos as the can't wound him in combat!
Dear Game Developer,Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
I don't think there is an act of faith that changes deployment...could be wrong, but I don't think I am. Also, the Exorcist only flings 1D6, IIRC.
I'm Solid Snake...also, I'm a Primarch.
It is only 1D6.
Battlecries: Sorbr'and Tau force: For the Greater Good!
Ordo Corvus Witch Hunters: Only in our flames will the heretic find peace!