Gargoyals - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Gargoyals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my friend plays nids and he has never ued gargs, are they even good and if they are what do you guys use them for...their purpose in life.

Tau'Va
    "Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all strategem is lost and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost."
    -O'Shovah

<span style='color:red'>Image Removed</span>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I&#39;ve seen :

Turn 1 : 12" move
    Turn 2 : 12" move, shooting, then assault to tie up the enemy

I never use them though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theres alot of topics on this, they&#39;re really good but ppl dont use them cus the GW models are too expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use one big squad of them in my army, in my opinion they are the best bargain in the whole codex. If the models weren&#39;t so expensive i&#39;d have 3 squads of 32. They&#39;re great at killing higher toughness units like marines simply because of their gun strength and their bio-plasma attack. I&#39;ve found they excel at killing Grey Knights. Also they all come with Ld 10 so they don&#39;t run away like the other small stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i thought that they were good but my friend never uses them so ill tell him to try them out with representing
    Tau'Va
    &quot;Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all strategem is lost and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost.&quot;
    -O'Shovah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They may be expensive, but just save up and buy a pack every week or something. At the end of a year, you&#39;ve got yourself 104 new gargoyles .
    &quot;Can you put that in a memo and title it &#39;***** I already know&#33;&#39;&quot;
    ~Sarge

Church: &quot;Ok, so we&#39;re agreed? You first&#33;&quot;
    Sarge: &quot;Get on with it, Griff.&quot;
    Griff: &quot;I&#39;d just like everyone to know: that I suck.&quot;
    Church: &quot;And?&quot;
    Griff: &quot;And that I&#39;m a girl...&quot;
    Church: &quot;What else?&quot;
    Griff: &quot;And I like ribbons in my hair, and I want to kiss all the boys.&quot;
    Sarge: &quot;This has to be the best surrender of all time.&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Even better (and cheaper), convert Your own Gargoyles&#33;

Leaping Gaunt body
    Fleshborer
    Scything Talons
    Greenstuff
    Flying stand

Model the Wings using GStuff on the ScyTal to model the membrane on the wing.

Glue the FBorer into place and the Wings on the back.

Model Bioplasma using a small piece of GStuff stuck in the mouth pf the Gaunt.

Paint the model and stick it on a flying base.

From a single pack of Gaunts (25€ over here), You get 8 Gargoyles&#33; Metal Gargs are 10€ for two, for a total of 40€ for eight... That&#39;s a save of 15€&#33;

Not to mention You&#39;ll get 8 Spinegaunts and even an extra Ripper Swarm&#33; (Woo&#33; )

And since this is not that extensive a conversion, it&#39;s perfect for gaining experience in converting.

As for the uses, considering they cost the same as Hormagaunts, I use them in pretty much the same way. Essentially, fast-moving unit to engage the opponent quickly in CC so as to block LOS. Additionally, thanks to their S, I can use them to try to take out vehicle rear armour.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i would tell my friend to convert but he sux at building....he couldnt build his tyrant and carnifex so his bro did...lol but its all good, we play loosly so we let each other represent n stuff.
    Tau'Va
    &quot;Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all strategem is lost and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost.&quot;
    -O'Shovah

Closed Thread