Expanding Past Assault on Black Reach? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expanding Past Assault on Black Reach?

This actually happened somewhat as a fluke: I initially decided to get myself one Assault on Black Reach for everything *except* the Orks. Then now my cousin wants the small rulebook as well, but he isn't willing to buy the box, so I have to buy another one (not that I mind...I'll find something to do with all those extra Marines ). This, combined with a lack of Ork players, means that I'm keeping those Orks, so I might as well make use of them!

As of now, the two boxes should net me, if I'm not mistaken:
    2 Warbosses
    40 Ork boyz
    10 Nobs
    6 Kopta's

What do you guys think would be the best way to expand the army past this?
    Keep in mind I'm not a rich person (far from that really, the two boxes have drained me dry ) and I cannot go around buying too many things at once, so I'd really appreciate advice on progressively adding to the army

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doubling your amount of boyz would be a good start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 Boyz.....footslogging army?

I'm not questioning your reply in any way, but I'm just being curious - last time back when I was a far more active player (around 3rd ed ) speed was the in-thing. Alot of trukks, alot of bikes, and the like. Has that changed?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In short, yes, that has changed. Footslogging is now just as viable as speed freeks, if not more so. A hard core of 100 or so boyz plus whatever you want (either just models you like or what you have) will probably make a fine list as long as you're not planning to take it up against someone's tourney list.
    I'm trying to catalog every song with a reference to yetis or Sasquatch. Please help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a shook attack gun and some lootas are good for all round fire support, despite their unpredictability. A biker mob or 2 are also really good at any roll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conversions

Just remember when you buy standard ork boyz they are incredibly easily to convert to something else. Even if you bought a bunch of standard boyz you could stil convert a handful into lootas, maybe some others into stormboyz with the conversion pack out there. Not to mention the alkready added in bonus of being able to choose between shootas or sluggas depending on what you like best.

Oh, and of course you have to pick up that codex if you haven't already.
    "Orks have to be followers of Nurgle! They're green, smell bad, and just want to spread the fun!"

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Even a "Speed Freaks" type army will be including almost 100 Orks in 1500-2000 points. Sickening, isn't it? The Burna/Loota box wouldn't be a bad addition, since you can also take Boyz to use the unused weapons, making 5 of each instead of 5 of one.

When in doubt, buy more Boyz.

+ Reply to Thread