Ok... it was time to ask. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

Ok... it was time to ask.

I know some of you, and especially the long time Eldar players, will hate me for asking something like that which will look too strange in your eyes. But it was time to ask.

I have never been involved with a race other than the Space Marines in my adult modelling life. Recently I read the "Blood Ravens" (Dawn of War Omnibus and since then I can't stop thinking about what I am about to ask. And my questions are derived from the book.

Can someone muster an army only with Dark Reapers or only Harlequins? Can I field an army only with a Dark Reaper Exarch and Dark Reapers or a force only with Harlequins? I like the darkness surrounding the Dark Reapers and the multi colors and patterns of the Harlequins... and given the fact that a friend will start a new army why not me do something along with him?

Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Plan on playing a lot of counts-as things then.
    I have read about it being done with harlequins. There are multiple independant codexes for them on the internet. However, if you're planning on doing a 'pure' harlequins force which you can use with a GW codex, you're probably better off getting the dark eldar codex for it, and using their models for it. I don't have the website, but someone made some excellent conversions using dark eldar models and dark eldar rules for those models.
    As for the dark reapers, I wish you luck. You *can* have a force similar to that outlined in the Dawn of War series. It will need a farseer and guardians though.

And welcome to a far more civilized world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

182 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Mongooseo View Post
    And welcome to a far more civilized world.
    Mongooseo thanks for the welcoming and all the tips...

I will search the net for the conversions you said...

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

No, you can't. You can have up to 3 squads of Dark Reapers in an Eldar army. In the previous edition, the Biel-Tan Eldar Craftworld could use an army based on aspect warriors, so you could technically have a Farseer and several squads of Dark Reapers - but no more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

182 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravendove View Post
    No, you can't. You can have up to 3 squads of Dark Reapers in an Eldar army. In the previous edition, the Biel-Tan Eldar Craftworld could use an army based on aspect warriors, so you could technically have a Farseer and several squads of Dark Reapers - but no more.
    If I use the Dark Eldar Codex as Mongooseo suggested?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Not for dark reapers. Like I said, it's *possible* as long as you include guardians and at least one farseer. If worse comes to worse, you can paint everything black to make yourself feel better. Or, you could run an autarch with a reaper launcher and claim he is the 'exarch of the craftworld' or something like that.
    I suggest the dark eldar codex for harlequins, mostly because they are the far more close combat oriented of the two kindreds.

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsele View Post
    If I use the Dark Eldar Codex as Mongooseo suggested?
    Dark Eldar cannot use Dark Reapers. The point Mongooseo was making is that you can build a Harlequin army using Harlequin models but using the Dark Eldar rules. This is called invoking the "counts-as" rule. For example, this squad of Harlequins "counts as" Dark Eldar Warriors and still use the Dark Eldar rules, just different models.

With regards to Dark Reapers. In an Eldar army, you can have a maximum of 3 squads of Dark Reapers (using your 3 heavy support slots). In order to have a legal army, you must also have an HQ and 2 Troops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

182 (x5)

So if I got it right, and sorry if I haven't but it is my first try...

If I want to make a Dark Reapers army I have to include Troop choices as well as an HQ and up to three units of Dark Reapers.

And in the case of Harlequins I can muster an army and use Dark Eldar rules but with the "count as" rule, right?

If I use an online Codex it is not accepted in official tournaments. But in local games with friends will they accept it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

You can always use Maugan Ra as your HQ choice so that still themes you as DR army. But yes to be proper "legal" you will need 2 troops choices which can be Guardians, Rangers, Dire Avengers or a big unit of WraithGuard. I'd go with Dire Avengers as they would be more suited to what I think you have in mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

182 (x5)

Maugan Ra? The Harvester of Souls? I always loved that model but I think it is a little hard to find!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast