New to Eldar and Need some advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Eldar and Need some advice

Hello All I am new to the boards and to the Eldar.

I just started playing again after a 6 year lay off and have decided to come back to the Eldar.

I am looking to build a 1750 point Army.

I have decided to start with 1 set of dire avengers w/ exarch (dual shuriken catapult and bladestorm) I will add 1 more of these units also.

I am also planning on using a troop of pathfinders most likely 5 - 10, 5 to start most likely.

Now I would like to add Harlequins as they just look great, is there something I should add to support them or should I just consider not using them and replace with spiders or scorpions?

I also would like some advice with my choice of HQ I have looked a little bit, but have not made and decisions yet. I was told an Autarch was the way to go with the new 5th rules. Is this so or can I also be effective with a farseer and council?

I have not even thought about heavy support or transports as of yet, but I am open to any suggestions.

Thank for reading my post and for any advice. All is appreciated.

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

What are you looking for in your eldar? Do you want a mechanized, semi-mechanized, or phalanx type of list? That will change my advice.
    As far as the Harlequins go, they will do fine once they get into close combat. It's not a bad idea to have some shooting backing them up, which you have covered with dire avengers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

IMHO - Gotta give the DA Exarch a shimmer shield - it's not that expensive and 5+ inv save in CC is very handy when up against enemies that with Power weapons.

When you get to heavy support the Wraithlord is a must.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback.

I think I am looking for semi-mechanized. I want a list with balance, so that I will be competitive against most armies.

I think that I am leaning to the Harlequins, I just have to look at the codex and decide how to set them up and what to upgrade. Is it worth it to get the box set? From what I see it only contains 2 with Harlequin's Kiss and it seems to me I would want all with this. I also do not see a need for the fusion blaster upgrades as I will not want to shoot but always charge and assault. I would also include the Shadowseer and Troupe Master.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Take a Farseer rather than autarch and give him the doom power. Doom, Giuide and spirit stones makes a better farseer but you pay for it.
    If you take lots of DA squads as your troop choices then also investing in an avatar can work well. His 24" diamiter fearless bubble works wonders and he makes a good babysitter to stop assault marines killing the dire avengers in combat.

Troops: For your troops take 2 of those 10 man DA units with or without the dhimmer shield. Pathfinders are better in 5th edition than they were but keep them in 5 man units. I suggest you only take one squad of them. in 1750 points you will need at least one more troop choice so guardian bikes or more DAs are good.

Elites: in 5th edition I think banshees are better than harlequins as rending is not what it was. Make banshees 10 strong with exarch and the S5 wepon. They will also need a transport with stones and probably vectored engines. Scorpies are good with the claw armed exarch.

Fast: I used to like vipers but less so in 5th edition. Warp spiders are ok with exarch, withdraw & power blades.

Heavy: 3 war walkers with 2 scatter lasers each is nice. Falcons are quite good too and act as taxis for small units (5-6 basic fire dragons). Fire prisms are also good. A wraith Lord with BL and EML can give you good AT firepower at range but will need to stay close to your farseer.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

+ Reply to Thread