Contents of Hive Tyrant - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contents of Hive Tyrant

Hi All,

I am a new player to Tyranids and i was wondering what was in the Hive Tyrant Boxed Set.
    I am mostly wondering about weapons and biomorphs. I am mostly concerned about the number of devourers, if any. Any help would be valued and i am sorry for the stupid question.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Maneater TunderGut View Post
    Hi All,

I am a new player to Tyranids and i was wondering what was in the Hive Tyrant Boxed Set.
    I am mostly wondering about weapons and biomorphs. I am mostly concerned about the number of devourers, if any. Any help would be valued and i am sorry for the stupid question.
    Thanks
    Let's see, there's the HT body, plus an MC weapons spru and a MC biomorph spru. That should be a venom cannon, barbed strangler, 2x scything talons, crushing claws (can't put them on a HT), venom sacs, adrenal glands, either one or two sets of devourers, set of death spitters, bonesword/lashwhip (metal), and rending claws. I think that's about it.

If you're thinking about doing a dakka tyrant I recommend that you make your own devourers. The ones that come with the box set are puny. They're the same ones that come with the fex (link).

Take the devourers from your gaunts and chop of the heads. Now glue these in a creative way to the ends of a barbed strangler, VC, or deathspitter gun. Green stuff around a bit and voila you have a much better devourer gun. Here's a post where I showed my dakka tyrant: link.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the response. this will help a lot when it comes to making my tyrant. thanks again bye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

159 (x5)

Sorry but magnet man is incorrect in a couple of things he says

You do get an MC Weapons sprue and a seperate bone sword+lashwhip, yes, but you don't get all of what he says you do.

You get on the MC Weapons sprue: Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler, Scything talons x2, Adrenaline, toxin sacs, extra carapace.

You don't get Devourers, Death Spitters or crushing claws as these all come on the carnifex sprue.

So you won't be able to make a dakkarant straight out of the box without a bit of converting.
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

126 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Splata View Post
    Sorry but magnet man is incorrect in a couple of things he says

You do get an MC Weapons sprue and a seperate bone sword+lashwhip, yes, but you don't get all of what he says you do.

You get on the MC Weapons sprue: Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler, Scything talons x2, Adrenaline, toxin sacs, extra carapace.

You don't get Devourers, Death Spitters or crushing claws as these all come on the carnifex sprue.

So you won't be able to make a dakkarant straight out of the box without a bit of converting.

Whoops! Went diving into my bits box. Couldn't quite remember what came with what. Just know I have a ton of death spitters and devourers. Typical GW though to not include parts to build one of the most popular builds of a model.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

156 (x3)

Yeah the lack of devs in the HT box is annoying. You almost have to get a carnifex to make a dev tyrant. :-/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

You can easily make your own twinlinked devourers if you want them. Just use the parts from the venom cannon and or the barbed strangler. Chop off the gun barrel and replace it with devourer gun barrels, that cone bit. Use several to make it look bigger and you will be able to call it twinlinked. Here is link to a Carnifex I made a special extra big deathspitter for. Image of Toxifex. - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Image of Toxifex. - Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI used three deathspitter barrels on a barbed strangler with the gun barrel removed. You can do the same with devourers. Just use spare devourers from Gaunt boxed sets for the cone part. It is also handy as you won't have to bet and scavenge all over the place for spare Carnifex devourers.

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

Man, I saw the title of this thread and all I could think was "various partially digested body parts" as the answer to the subject.

That being said, good things mentioned already, the deathspitter w/ devourer barrel on the end looks fantastic and is very easy to do if you aren't very good at modelling (like me).
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

heres my pinchy devourers made with crushing claws but I’ve made them with those over sized Scything talons that come with worriers.

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/...38974nid10.jpg

+ Reply to Thread