Monolith Deep Strike questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

Monolith Deep Strike questions

So I think I might have cheated my last game. I have some things I need clarified.
    1. If I deep strike my monolith, I know I can't fire the template weapon..but I thought I could fire the gauss flux arc. Someone told me in 5th edition DS counts as cruising speed (like 12"). So I can't do anything the turn?
    2. Can a monolith move at cruising speed? I just never thought about it really, since I always move it 6", but it just sacrifices it's ability to shoot I guess...portal still work though?
    3. If I DS the monolith and have a squad of warriors ready to come out, can I pull them through 'same turn'? Or do I have to wait until next turn...

I'm starting to like keeping it with my phalanx instead of deep striking, but everyone swears by DS monoliths.

"There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Trainer View Post
    So I think I might have cheated my last game. I have some things I need clarified.
    1. If I deep strike my monolith, I know I can't fire the template weapon..but I thought I could fire the gauss flux arc. Someone told me in 5th edition DS counts as cruising speed (like 12"). So I can't do anything the turn?
    2. Can a monolith move at cruising speed? I just never thought about it really, since I always move it 6", but it just sacrifices it's ability to shoot I guess...portal still work though?
    3. If I DS the monolith and have a squad of warriors ready to come out, can I pull them through 'same turn'? Or do I have to wait until next turn...

I'm starting to like keeping it with my phalanx instead of deep striking, but everyone swears by DS monoliths.
    I never really liked DS'ing my monolith either. But you can actually still use the particle whip OR the portal.

It says in the entry that you can use the power matrix even if you have moved or otherwise unable to fire your weapons. The thing is you can't use both the portal and whip in the same turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Correct, GFAPs cannot fire upon Deep Striking. However, the Particle Whip or Portal may used in the same turn. You kind of have it backwards Dark Trainer.

The rest of the answers are really spelled out in the codex and/or FAQ. I expect Karmoon to come in at any moment to shut this thread down.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

102 (x5)

Thanks for the tips, my main question was can I use the gauss flux arc and portal in the same turn as DS. Sounds like I can use either version of the power matrix, but not the flux arc. (And I know I can't use the Whip and Arc same turn as stated in the FAQ), just more concerened about being able to use the arcs on the same turn as a DS (which I guess I cannot...) bummer.

I assume the portal even though classified as a weapon (power matrix) isn't considered one, thus allowing me to Guass Flux and portal in general same turns. Only played my new monolith twice and it's annoying me how many odd and end rules mix it up.
    Last edited by Dark Trainer; August 8th, 2008 at 20:49.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

as far as I know you cannot shoot and portal in the same turn but I may be wrong as it's been awhile. My regular Necron opponent has been gone for a couple weeks. Might wanna double check that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

102 (x5)

You can't shoot the template weapon and portal. But the Gauss Flux arc and portal can be used together. Just can't Flux AND Particle whip...

I just always though you could gauss Fluc arc the same turn as a deep strike...is that different because of 5th, or was I always wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Trainer View Post
    You can't shoot the template weapon and portal. But the Gauss Flux arc and portal can be used together. Just can't Flux AND Particle whip...

I just always though you could gauss Fluc arc the same turn as a deep strike...is that different because of 5th, or was I always wrong.
    Exactly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    191 (x3)

deepstriking monoliths

Are deepstriking monoliths considered going combat speed or crusing speed. Want to know if I can fire the gause flux arcs after drop.
    NECRON Army List Builder a Free excel capable list generator for 5th and 6th ed. 11/2011
    Necrons - 6000 points, Tau - 6000, Daemons - 5250, Eldar - 4500, Blood Angels - 5000
    Some pics form my hobby. http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...arodragon/40k/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x5)

My answer would be no. But I personally havent had any experience with the monolith in 5th as I havent used a monolith for ages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

If I read my codex and rules correctly, then the Ponderous rule would suggest that the Mono can fire its Flux Arcs upon landing, but not use the Power Matrix.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast