Vypers in 5ed? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vypers in 5ed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vypers in 5ed?

Hey guys just wanted to know everyones opinion (and why) on whether or not vypers are worth the points in 5ed, since they seem to die alot faster....

And if any of you guys still run vypers in 5ed what do you equip them with (weapons/gear/upgrades).

And lastly what role do the vypers play in your army?

Thanks guys I know its alot of questions, but i have not been having much success with my vypers since 5ed came out. They used to kick @$$ but now they seem a little lack luster...so just answer what you want/have time for, but all advice is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Bogie; August 9th, 2008 at 01:07.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vypers are not more vulnerable now, imho. Their mobility will make sure to keep them behind cover at all times, which in fact increases their resilience. I personally think we'll see more of the EML+Shuricannon infantry combo with the new blast rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still play a scatter/shuricannon combo. the idea is that they move into a good position to snipe light armoured vehicles and troops. keep em' obscured. I generally play orks and guard so they'd be looking to hit the infantry platoons, trukks, buggies etc. if anything 5th ed swapped out the firepower for the extra resilience.
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the EML and Shuri cannon... It seems to be the best for anti infantry.

-V
    Veni Vidi Vici
    "The plan is to win, if we don't win its cause you guys didn't follow the plan!"
    Eldar: 25,000 pts

+ Reply to Thread