Singing spear - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Singing spear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Singing spear

I am thinking about using a singing spear and I want to look at its "special rules" as said in the Eldar codex. I cant seem to find the singing spear in the Warhammer 40k rule book. Can someone point me in the right direction?

"I'm awake, I'm awake..."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is a witch blade but you can throw it at opponents units or vehicles. wounds on 2+ with no armour saves in assault. strenght 9 against vehicles if i remember. it should be in the warlock section of the eldar codex.
    Traitors dine in heLL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

almost jul ap 6 tho doesnt ignore armour, yriel's does tho :p
    'hatred is true power' ritual master garth, the 11th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, found out the armour save thing the hard way. It's really frustrating that our force weapon equivilent dosn't ignore armour saves and we have no options to change it or upgrade to something that does. My warlocks and farseer always come unstuck in assualt where their SM counterpart gets a force weapon. Just feels weak when the Eldar are supposed to be the best psykers and more advanced in tech.

I also still smarting after having to go toe to toe with an ork boss in mega armour w/power claw. I rolled really well with my farseer and warlock (part of a guardian squad) to have all attacks defeated by that armour save, his power claw wreaked havoc and over 2 turns killed everyone.

Don't get me wrong i like the increased wounding an all but i'd rather it ignored armour and was more expensive.

Just some mildly relevant mid week ramblings...
    Bleed Black Label S.D.M.F's!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

IMHO - You shouldn't be taking on a warboss with a Farseer and Warlocks - whilst they might have a trick or two up their voluminous sleeves they are not combat troops.

Doom, Fortune, Guide, Enhance, Conceal - that's what these guys are all about - they make other Eldar better, but they are NBG on there own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't get me wrong i like the increased wounding an all but i'd rather it ignored armour and was more expensive.
    How about a witchblade that allowed armour saves, but when weilded by a farseer could kill all the wounds like a force weapon does... cause
    Just feels weak when the Eldar are supposed to be the best psykers and more advanced in tech.
    I agree the eldar sometimes are a little weak when it comes to the warp. But I know if you take a unit of warlocks and farseer's they will beable to beat anything, cause with doom, fortune, guide, conceal, they are invincable. I saw a unit like this in apocolypse tear through grey knight termies, landraiders dreadnoughts and a bane blade, while recieving: 6 lascannons, 3battlecannons, plasma weaopon fire, assaulte cannons, and 24 or more heavy bolter rounds. EVERY TURN.

So the main thing i think needs to be changed is the force weapon thing...cause it would be really nice

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

A general note - instead of giving someone the rules of a weapon, give them the page reference or location of the rules. In this instance, you can find the rules for the Singing Spear in the Warlock entry on page 27 of the Eldar codex.

Giving out explicit rules is against forum rules, and in some cases, the rules given (as we see here) are incorrect. Codex to the rescue!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daziel View Post
    IMHO - You shouldn't be taking on a warboss with a Farseer and Warlocks - whilst they might have a trick or two up their voluminous sleeves they are not combat troops.

Doom, Fortune, Guide, Enhance, Conceal - that's what these guys are all about - they make other Eldar better, but they are NBG on there own.
    Trust me, Friend, wasn't something i'd planned on. In this particular instance i was within 2 inches of the back table edge (having fought a guide/doom > Withdraw > Shoot action) no where else to go against fleeting (Wahhgh!!) orks. I most certainly did not charge them. In defense of the unit's performance they died well, 8 guardians, 1 warlock and farseer reduced 13 boys and the aforementioned boss to just the war boss over the combat. Dice wise i was on fire.

My opponent even assumed witchblades followed the power weapon rules, i was a nice guy and admitted they had separate rules.

I take your point entirely but just wanted to assure you i am under no illusions about my 'locks and 'seers and am not charging them like banshees into units i shouldn't

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    A general note - instead of giving someone the rules of a weapon, give them the page reference or location of the rules. In this instance, you can find the rules for the Singing Spear in the Warlock entry on page 27 of the Eldar codex.

Giving out explicit rules is against forum rules, and in some cases, the rules given (as we see here) are incorrect. Codex to the rescue!
    Apologies!

+ Reply to Thread