Troop Choices in 5th Ed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Troop Choices in 5th Ed

EDIT: I just realized that there was a post asking my stealthsuit question further down in the forum, and since there doesn't appear to be any "delete" function, I guess I'll just have to change my topic.

For your average games (~1500-2000), what are you guys taking as troops nowadays? Fish of Fury seems a little more difficult to pull off now, although admittedly I'm not sure whether its a matter of "you can't see the target behind your devilfish anymore" or "your opponents get a 4+ cover save". That, and the need for troops to capture table quarters seems to be pushing players more in the direction of having multiple troop squads.

Last edited by Zevanna; August 13th, 2008 at 18:48.

2. Remove Advertisements

The Village
    18 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Fish of fury still works. I use the standard tall flying base to support the devilfish and regular ol' fire warriors on standard bases. They can see all the way underneath the vehicle and thus the tactic still works as advertised.

My Troops core has become 2 squads of mounted fire warriors, 1 squad of footslogging/static fire warriors, and 1 squad of Kroot with hounds. I'm not entirely certain I'm happy with this setup -- feels a bit thin, sometimes, though I think it's adequat -- and am actually considering dropping one of the devilfishes and adding a 2nd Kroot or Kroot/hound squad. Or beefing up my Crisis suits, which are thinner than I like.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Outer Rim
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

399 (x8)

Title changed, if you would prefer something else, give me a yell.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

+ Reply to Thread