Raiders/ravagers and LOS - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raiders/ravagers and LOS

Hi all

It has been a while. I've been bloodkissed for quite some time now, and have been playing a lot of phantasy, save for the small 40K campaign I had running this year.
    Anyway, with the new 5th edition and a clubleague coming up my Dark Eldar are back in business.

One question though. Browsing through the posts here on LO I've noticed that Skimmers apparently block LOS now. DId I overlook something in the rulebook? Or is this really a fact now?

Thank you for your time

Yours
    Lord Draahk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

One thing you have to becareful about when you talk about what "blocks" true line of sight is that I do not know if you are referring to completely blocking line of sight or just obscuring things. Simply, I have not seen or used any type of terrain piece that completely "blocks" line of sight - usually, almost anything can be seen and anything can be shot at.

So, with our raiders profile in mind, I do not think they can "block" anything on our list (nor can they hide with the fins sticking out everywhere). If the raider is mounted on the proper stand then anything that touches the ground can be seen under it. Perhaps if the raider is immobilized and you have a warp beast on the other side of it the beast may be blocked completely but once again, anything that stands on 2 feet like the beast master will be visible because you can see his head above the hull.

Okay, now that that's cleared up, we can easily ask does our raider "obscure" any of our units for a 4+ save? Yes it does, just about all the terrain on a basic board will obscure our units for a 4+ save. Our raiders can obscure other raiders as well as other foot troops and if you use a Talos it can probably obscure a raider if its positioned carefully. One thing you have to remember about obscuring raiders and the Talos is that the obscured target has to be obscured up to 50%. So if you intend to obscure a unit or raider with another raider you will have to be careful of the angle and that what you are obscuring 50% of it (this also applies to squads on foot as well).

Hope that clarifies your question.
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

+ Reply to Thread