Need advice on interpretation - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Need advice on interpretation

Hi Guys

It appears the genestealers are a rare brood that dont state that all modems must be equipped identially. Has anyone kitted out their genestealers non identical and by the rules would you consider this legal?

Im of the opinion of yes, but i would be interested to see other peoples interpreation.

Read first Brood description about vio weapons for genestealers (page 39 and then Gaunts on 40 before replying).

My own justification? Theres nothing there saying that they all need to be identical, and im reading it like "they all have access to any of the below", whereas all the gaunt types specifically state that identical fitout is a must.

What is this leading to?

3 out of 9 feeder tendrils. e.t.c

Dom

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

This might fially explain why the 'Stealer sprues don't have enough Heads to make a full squad of one type. Each sprue only has one head of each of the head upgrades (or maybe two of one of them). Thanks for pointing that out. I would agree with your logic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, in that case, just have one with feeder tendrils, and the rest with flesh hooks. Two for the price of one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

WYSIWYG is mostly overreated past weapons since must upgrades look like details or flashy bits (grenades on imperial guard - medals on leaders, spikes on a carnifex) and most times your opponent won't know what upgrades do or do not do - though they will pick up quick on what gun to hate most!

I think unless you are heading for tourney play a lot that most people won't mind the models not having perfect WYSIWYG as long as the weapons are right. Just say what upgrades your unit has as you put them onto the board and allow your opponent to read your army list if they ask (as nids we really don't have anything like transport contents to hide anyway). That will be fine for nearly all opponets - heck they manage well enough in Fantasy which has an almost total lack of WYSIYWG
    member of LO JCHAT
    Legion Of Jaffa Consuming Hatters and Terribly Superfluous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    156 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Overread View Post
    WYSIWYG is mostly overreated past weapons since must upgrades look like details or flashy bits (grenades on imperial guard - medals on leaders, spikes on a carnifex) and most times your opponent won't know what upgrades do or do not do - though they will pick up quick on what gun to hate most!

I think unless you are heading for tourney play a lot that most people won't mind the models not having perfect WYSIWYG as long as the weapons are right. Just say what upgrades your unit has as you put them onto the board and allow your opponent to read your army list if they ask (as nids we really don't have anything like transport contents to hide anyway). That will be fine for nearly all opponets - heck they manage well enough in Fantasy which has an almost total lack of WYSIYWG
    Yeah, WYSIWYG can be a bit too limiting when it comes to small stuff. With weapons sure, with grenades, glands, etc... why?

I always found it funny that tyranids, the height of genetic engineering, has a big old external gland on his back if he's better at shooting or stronger.

Usually if anyone asks, "your gaunts don't have glands showing", I'll reply, "That's because they're inside, much like your glands." :-p

Sure it can be fun to model such things, but I've never seen it as fully required.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Im less worried about WYSIWYG cause i always have the models right, im worried about being able to take the choice at all. na dhwat you say with spures also makes sense.

anyone else with ruling opinion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I wouldn't mix. Then again, I don't 'gaunt wrap' either... just seems out of the spirit of the game. Plus, having to make a difficult decision (grenades or reroll to hit) makes things more interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Fact is the only way FH will benefit the group as a whole is if the majority has FH...I think. Ugh, that's ugly. If only half the group has grenades or if only some has grenades do the grenades still work??? I know Feeder Tendrils will still provide their bonus but thinking about how the new rules are for what attacking through cover are and Grenades are I think only those models actually equipped with the FH will get the bonus back to their Initiative...maybe. That's gonna be a headache for some judge.

But since Feeder Tendrils specifically state that they work on all within 3" your fine there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by grantneodude View Post
    If only half the group has grenades or if only some has grenades do the grenades still work???
    Yes, but only for each model that actually has them. The grenade or grenade-like effect of any equipment is only ever conferred to the individual model. It has nothing to do with the whole unit.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

I think you can't mix and match. It is pretty extreme rules lawyering, and trying to argue symantics when it seems the rule should be understood clearly "the whole brood may be equipted with...at the cost listed per model." So you pick a biomorph and apply it to the whole brood and pay the written price per model.

However it would be sweet if you could take just two tendrils and 6 fleshhooks...that would give you 18 attacks on the charge that strike first, so they others probably don't get attacked back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast