Have you ever felt like quitting necrons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you ever felt like quitting necrons?

Well at the moment I feel like quitting Necrons and starting Tyranids, they're just getting boring even though I havnt played with them yet. For 3 main reasons.

*I like the Tyranid models better
    *5 people stole my colour-scheme at my local Games Workshop
    *Tyranid's have more model options like the Trygon and stuff like that.

Im only 11 years old so I would have to sell all of my Necrons [to whoever I do not know] and buy a Tyranid battle-force. Im not sure about doing this but they are getting boring.

Would there be a colour-scheme I could add on or something I could do with all my models [even scarabs] to my simple red shouldler-pads, red arm pad and the red shins.

Help my dragon grow! pfft dont bother anymore he died since he didnt get enough clicks >:(

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

How can you say youre bored of them if you havent even played a game with them yet? And why havent you played? youve had the army for quite a while now. Dont worry about others using your Scheme, that shouldnt matter. Give the army a few games and see how it works for you.

You could always run Nids as a second army alongside your Crons. Chances are though, if you get Nids and dont play with them at all then they will begin to bore you too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Well I am also a tyranid player myself and I have to say Necrons have always captured my interest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

yeah i have to say that it's impossible to be bored of playing them without actually playing them... And as for color schemes, who cares? Uniform armies of necrons actually sound quite impressive to me. Personally, if you're bored of a mini, paint it as well as possible, so you can be proud of looking at it, even if it's not that great by other people's standards.
    Avatar's Arena #3 let the games begin!
    The Outsider And Kae'Tyr-necron fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x5)

Plus if your looking into getting a model like trygon they are EXPENSIVE, as I remember they are about 200 dollars off of the forge world site? Nid's colour schemes also tend to be very uniform and to be honest Necrons are more stimulating to play.

But it's whatever you enjoy, and it's a bummer about people taking your colour scheme.

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x5)

I've been playing 40k for a long time now and in my expirience the two most used color schemes are the plain jane Bolt Gun Metal and some sort of Red with Bolt Bun Metal.

RANT TIME!!!!11one

Why don't people paint there Necrons in unique ways?!

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

102 (x5)

I agree with above. However this is Warhammer and there are TONS of armies out there. I'm not going to say you CAN'T be bored if you never played, maybe they're just not your style. For me, I love how forgiving they are I can take soooo much damage and saves or not stand back up with res orbs, etc.

As for colors, take the time and go unique. There's no rush plus it makes your BUCK go alot farther. I'm painting 40 warriors, 12 scarab bases, 10 immortals, 2 lords, 2 wraiths, 10 flayed ones (with skins) this scheme below. So far it's taking forever but the END result will make me proud (the picture here is not completely finished, getting red gauss rods, needs highlighting and finish work, but gives you an idea. Be creative! That's what this hobby is about, impress yourself and do it for yourself, not others.

"There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have played 3, 750pt battles actually.

Help my dragon grow! pfft dont bother anymore he died since he didnt get enough clicks >:(

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Why don't people paint there Necrons in unique ways?!
    I painted mine with Blazing Orange as the primary color, with a Fiery Orange & Sunburst Yellow line highlighting, then Boltgun/Mithril and Black for the other colors. Came out pretty good, got a lot of compliments on it - and most everyone liked that they weren't just painted the standard metallic colors.

I agree, though - if you want a necron force to look good, don't paint it in the standard boltgun metal as primary color, it's just been done to death.

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

If you're getting bored with Necrons, why not try a different colour scheme? Or buy some new units and try some different tactics? Or what about building your army to a specific theme? Converting models or using a unique painting scheme will make your army stand out and will ultimately be a lot more fun to use.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)