Paint Schemes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paint Schemes

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

Paint Schemes

What do your Necrons look like?

Ancient ceramics?
    Robotic metalics?
    Painted armor of centuries past?

My first necrons were had Space Wolves Grey armor and Mithril joints. My current Necrons, yes I got rid of the originals and started them again, have Chaos Black armor and a Tin Bitz/Brazen Brass joints with Regal Blue power rods. Steam Punk FTW!!

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

I would love to see some pictures! My Necrons are coloured bone with dark brown joints, black weapons and red rods. I got so fed up only seeing metal coloured 'crons that I decided to go for something different. There's a post with more pictures here.

There's a guy down at the local store who also has a kick-ass scheme going on. All his armour plates are turqoise, his guns black-purple and all his rods a bright purple-blue. It looks awesome.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

102 (x5)

I'm working on my army (will have res gauss rods, on order). But here's a mostly finsihed (still needs highlighting and detail work done, but gives you the idea). I went with a blue metallic since they are made of LIVING metal after all. I felt the bluish hue gave it an advanced metallurgy look. Ancient just doesn't do it for me, since they would have been in stasis...plus I'm sure they have a necron car wash, not like they can't repair! If you're wondering, my paint scheme is simple (by simple I don't mean quick, it's forgiving to mistakes...the wash darkens things and auto shades the crevices).

Boltgun metal base, 1 or 2 washes of the GW Asurman wash (new wash is awsome, I did 2 washes to make it a darker metal), then the flayer is just the base boltgun metal, red gauss chamber/tube/rod/eyes, highlight with chainmail...takes a while, but very happy!

Last edited by Dark Trainer; August 16th, 2008 at 21:57.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Here's a pic of some of my old crons. Picture quality could be a bit better, but oh well..

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x5)

So far so good.

Ravendove- I really like that scheme. IMO its tough to pull off a lighter scheme on Necrons but you've done it well.

Dark Trainer- The blue hue looks awesome and makes me want to get some of the new washes. Do you have a C'Tan in the works? A Deciever done like that would look kick ass.

Moob- I've seen so many people try to pull of a "unique" or "different" stlye of Necrons and fail. These look cool. The metallic colors are a nice offset to the oranges and yellows. My only complaint is there should be 10x Immortals!

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Thanks! And I actually have over 20 immortals (and 15 destroyers / 9 heavy destroyers) painted in that scheme. :p

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by moob View Post
    Thanks! And I actually have over 20 immortals (and 15 destroyers / 9 heavy destroyers) painted in that scheme. :p
    I remember seeing the whole army of these a while back. Very nicely done. Mine are all metal with black metal weapons, but as you read this I'm planning a "makeover" for them, which will finish with a deep purple on shoulder pads and carapaces, highlighted and finished with 'ard coat gloss finish. Will match the monolith I'm working on.

I'm curious what your recipe was for the orange. I know my highlights won't be as bright, but I like how smoothly they appear to be blended in. How'd you do it?
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    I remember seeing the whole army of these a while back.
    Really, where at? Were you at Adepticon, the Big Waaagh, Maul in the Mall..?

As for how it was done, it was actually pretty easy - Blazing Orange base to start (which is a pain, btw). After that, I just lined Fiery Orange on most edges followed by a thinner line of Sunburst Yellow. Nothing fancy, and the colors are naturally fairly close together. When you pick up the model and look up close, the lines are fairly obvious - but on the tabletop it looks good.

For the guns, I did a heavy drybrush of a mixed Codex Grey & Chaos Black, followed by a medium drybrush of boltgun metal, with then a few lined highlights of mithril silver. The rest of it (joints and such) was just painted boltgun with lined highlights of mithril.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Really, where at? Were you at Adepticon, the Big Waaagh, Maul in the Mall..?
    Oh, no, not in person (I wish!) just in pictures. I think it was somewhere on LO, actually.

As for how it was done, it was actually pretty easy - Blazing Orange base to start (which is a pain, btw). After that, I just lined Fiery Orange on most edges followed by a thinner line of Sunburst Yellow. Nothing fancy, and the colors are naturally fairly close together. When you pick up the model and look up close, the lines are fairly obvious - but on the tabletop it looks good.
    Yeah, I was planning on using Liche Purple (or whatever the VGC equivalent is), and just gradually adding white to it for highlights. Hopefully it will come out looking like yours, only purple
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made a Necron decked out in Space Marine regalia (shoulder pads, backpack, bolter, and combat knife), and used a really basic Chaos Black with Goblin Green trim (I'm thinking a gold color for joints, but that'll need to be ordered)... I'm thinking of painting black over the few minis I've completed so far and incorporating that. I'll get a good picture of my Necron Marine and post it later I think...

The color schemes posted so far have been awesome though.

-- dan

+ Reply to Thread