Tyranid paint job - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranid paint job

Im starting Tyranids, buying a battle force this weekend I like this scheme very much especially the skin colour, but I hate to have the same scheme as everyone else. So is there anything else I could do, and please do list the paints needed.

http://kofler.dot.at/40k/units/Tyranid_Carnifex_4.jpg

So yeah basically I need some fine-tuens to this colour scheme. thanks

Help my dragon grow! pfft dont bother anymore he died since he didnt get enough clicks >:(

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if you want to be different you can try to change the purple-ish tones for blue/green hues.
    The skin tone would go to light blue-grey and the purple/pink shading of the edges of the caparaces could be blue. The red of the caparace could either go to grey (for a rock-like appeareance) light blue or even green.

It will result in a "cold" colour scheme that I've seen few times but it is very cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What i've done is to buy a load of models first, glue them up and have a pretty big force. and then looked at them in the scenery and environment you're going to be playing them in. and especially who they're playing against, and then thought about what colours would be really striking in respect to that. so basically - playing on green? and playing against dark angels - i avoided green tyranids. they had to be striking and alien to the environment.

I've also done something different in the way i paint them - normally people paint the carapace one colour and everything else another colour. what i have done is thought about the fact that tyranids have exoskeletons. therefore any area of the model that is part of the exoskeleton (including carapace) is painted one colour, and the flesh (such as tails, weapons, joints, and the head) are painted another colour. It gives a more crab/lobster alien look rather than the xenomorph from the film Alien theme. They look like they have more armour.

so basically choose two colours - make sure they go together but i'd say that contrast is very important too. make a destinction between what is exoskeleton and what is flesh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I've seen many (if any) neon themed paint jobs. Like use a semi bright green instead of the bone or black coat most people use for the 'skin' and maybe dark purple for the shell? something kind of 'toxic' looking
    "Ohm nom nom nom"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

My nids are toxic and fairly neon as seen in the pic. Id suggest looking at this thread of LO's hive fleets for ideas.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ve-fleets.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, what are the colours for the standard Tyranids? just to see if I have them?

http://kofler.dot.at/40k/units/Tyranid_Carnifex_4.jpg

Help my dragon grow! pfft dont bother anymore he died since he didnt get enough clicks >:(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

There is no 'standard' colour, the nids are coloured based on what they last ate. The pic in your link however is hive fleet leviathon. Colours used are chaos black, scab red, blood red, liche purple, skull white and tentacle pink.

+ Reply to Thread