Tyranid assembly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranid assembly

When I buy a Tyranid battleforce it says on the online store with stuff like "and optional heads" for the genestealers and hormoguants or gaunts and that sort of stuff. So basically what should I do?

Help my dragon grow! pfft dont bother anymore he died since he didnt get enough clicks >:(

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by NicksNecrons View Post
    When I buy a Tyranid battleforce it says on the online store with stuff like "and optional heads" for the genestealers and hormoguants or gaunts and that sort of stuff. So basically what should I do?
    Are you asking what to do with the battleforce? or how to equip your nids?
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it all comes with instructions so don't worry about that.

and when it comes to genestealers i'd say put all the biomorph heads on instead of the plain ones, they look more interesting even though they will count as all normal in rules unless each and every model has the same biomorph in the brood. if you have enough genestealers later on then i guess you can put the ones with the same heads in broods with each other then.

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x4)

Well, as far as I am aware what it means is that you get heads for the different head related biomorphs (feeder tentacles, implant attack etc).

What you should do is whatever you want. Advice that I do not think can ever be stated too much.
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres a better example, read the description of these.

Games Workshop Online Store - Genestealers Boxed Set (8 models)

Games Workshop Online Store - Tyranid Carnifex

Games Workshop Online Store - Tyranid Warriors (3 models)

For the genestealers I like the normal heads without the tentacles, and does it matter what ones I use or does it give them like different upgrades?

What do you suggest I do call the G.W hotline when im assembling them? or could you tell me how to assemble them in the best way?

Help my dragon grow! pfft dont bother anymore he died since he didnt get enough clicks >:(

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

If you look in the Tyranid codex you can see example of what the different heads do. In the section where they show some painted Tyranids there are pictures of Genestealers with biomorphed heads and other bits on them such as extended carapace. However there isn't enough parts in one Genestealer box to give the whole brood enough heads to show any one of the biomorphs.

I suggest that you save up your biomorphed heads. Then when you have enough parts you can go to work on doing whole broods with the biomorphs you like. You can also try to convert the models yourself using whater you have at hand. Here is a link to a site with loads of converted Genestealers. buglands

About the Gaunts and Hormagaunts, these models have no optional heads but they do have some upgrades such as toxin sacs and the Gaunts may use a variety of bioweapons. The Carnifex also comes with loads of various parts it can use.

+ Reply to Thread