mob rule question/poll - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: does a Nob (in a mob of 30 orks) use ld 10 in a mind war?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

27 84.38%
  • No, he uses his base value

5 15.63%
+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

mob rule question/poll

So Mob Rule gives the unit a leadership value 10 (assuming you have 11+ orks). If eldar attack your nob with mind war (both models role a d6 and add the models ld value), does your nob get ld 10 or his models ld value? I've heard people give me both answers. On one hand it does clearly say model's leadership value. On the other hand, mob rule can be seen to read as replacing his ld value. The only catch is that it says unit's ld value. So, what do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Yes

All orks can replace their leadership score with the number of models in their unit, thanks to mob rule. Nobz are orks, so they can do this at any time. It's important to note that the highest they can get is 10, since stats don't go any higher than that, even if there's 11 or more models in the unit.

So yes, the leadership of any ork nob is 7 or the number of models in the unit, your choice. Now, the only exception is if mind war specifically says that you can only use the base leadership score of the model, and not any bonuses or special abilities.

To get a definitive answer, you might want to ask in the Eldar forum, although you probably don't need the poll. They're generally used for opinions on which unit is better, and such, not how many people believe something is right or wrong. To get a final answer, I'd send a private message to a moderator/veteran in the Eldar forum.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

As proof for Grax's answer, the Ork Wierdboy can use the Mob Rule when making a Psychic Test. So this single model with an Ork Ld value can instead use the Mob Rule and bump that Ld to a 10. With the Eldar Mind War its the same situation, just reveresed and thus the Ork can claim the Mob Rule benefit for his Ld...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

Can't argue with that Logic.
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)