Useful Eldar Units - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Useful Eldar Units

I would like to see what units people tend to use more often than others because they get the job done. I find that Dire Avengers and Fire Prisms work pretty good for me.

"They say the Darkness consumes you. They don't say what happens after It's done."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I myself love Dark Reapers however since I've only played one game of 5th Ed. with my Eldar I can't say for sure.

I also agree with the Dire Avengers. The only time they don't get their points worth is when i use them to cap an objective and they dont get attacked.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

War walkers. Evey time I have watched my friend use them, they have never disappointed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

Serpents and Fire Prisms are two of my favorites. But I'm a tank commander at heart. With the new vehicle rules though, the resilience of our tanks is extraordinary. Also, when properly configured, even a Serpent puts out as much firepower as a Predator, while moving faster, and transporting a unit.

Also, I like Storm Guardian squads with 3 Flamers and a Warlock /w Destructor. Though not tough, the unit can usually destroy much more than their points in a single shooting phase.
    Arvan'drynn Craftworld - 15,000pts (deceased)
    Tau - 2,000 points (atomized while on patrol)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

bump for DAs and war walkers. Add warlocks, in guardian units or in a unit themselves they always do whats needed of them. who doesn't love a 4+ invunerable save too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

1. Walkers w/ Scatter lasers
    2. Fire dragons w/ exarch *dragons breath flamer* w/ crackshot in a Falcon/Wave
    3. Dire avengers w/ blade storm
    4. Pathfinders

Those are what I like to use in order

-Jen

Current Armys
    Tomb Kings, Marines, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

Well first I echo the support for Dire Avengers. Give them a Wave Serpent and watch the shuriken fly. Also for the War Walkers, though I personally take missile launchers on them now.

I have been nothing but happy with my Striking Scorpions. Durable and hard hitting, I especially like having a squad of scorpions smash into some guardsmen. Even against MEQ type armies, with some support a scorpion squad can have a reasonable chance to succeed, and at the very least can tend to bog units down.
    I think you need to spend more time on your floor.

2500 Black Templars
    7-3-3

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

the humble guardian with farseer support is my favorite. Bring a couple units of these as well as some dire avengers and even termies will begin to get sliced to ribbons under the hail of ninja stars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

War walkers ...they are the puppies pips!

Squad of 3 with Starcannons - They slay marines & Terms ...and then your opponent changes their game to stay the hell out of the way.

In subsequent games, they will occupy your opponents attention so much that your other units will get a lot more freedom,

I've yet to play 5th ed. BUT I'm dying to see what the newly running Avatar is like. He's a big old fire magnet and can wreak havok if he gets into play (which he should be able to do a lot quicker!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

borrow a codex

Every eldar unit is useful.

Eldar lists are highly tailorable to different styles of play whether you want to go tough, fast, mech...etc. You get the idea.

Borrow a codex, see what units appeal to you and start from there.

In 5ED you need more troops for scoring units so Dire Avenger, Guardian jetbikes, Rangers, and guardians (to a lesser degree wraithguard) are more important then past editions.

If I were you I'd get a close combat unit (CC), an elite shooting unit, and a basic troop first. After you have that foundation and play a bit you'll ahve a better idea of what appeals to you and that can direct your future choices.

Good luck!
    Have fun,

Frank

"Orcs are what happens when Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles grow old and bitter."

+ Reply to Thread