New To Da Waaagh - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New To Da Waaagh

hey i am now starting my own WAAAGH!!!! so i just wondering what are the must haves. also what are the best buys, is the green tide a good deal? one other thing i want in my army is something different and i notice that not many people include wyrd boyz whats wrong with them , i think they look ballin.

thanks peace out

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Assault on Black Reach box is a fantastic purchase for Orks, especially if you can split it or trade the Marines for more orks. Green Tide is nice if you want lots of boyz, And lots of boyz is lots of fun. What I'd reccomend as far as having something stand out is to build a battlewagon or some other Ork vehicle / walker. You can really go crazy with them.

I like wierd boyz, though it's always worth the upgrade to Warp 'eads. I'm testing out an interesting combo of burnas and Ol' Zoggwort, which has been interesting. It makes a huge target for my opponent to focus on, but that lets my boyz get to where they need to be. And if they make the mistake of letting me get into close combat.. hoo boy. A pile of power weapons and a bunch of poisoned attacks. Not to mention turning an enemy IC into a squig (convienantly painted in the color schemes of my most played opponents )

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by eugen temba View Post
    hey i am now starting my own WAAAGH!!!! so i just wondering what are the must haves. also what are the best buys, is the green tide a good deal?
    I give the same advice to anyone and everyone asking about "essential buys" or "must haves" when it comes to Orks. Boyz. Lots and lots of Boyz. Assault on Black Reach is a great deal, especially if you find a Marine player to go in 50/50 with you. The Green Tide is probably a good deal too (I've heard it is), so if you have the cash I'd say go for it.

Bottom line: when in doubt, buy more Boyz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, to be honest Eugen, and this is my opinion, but I really like mega armoured nobz. I don't have any in my 1000 point army, but am going to get some. The reason they are so wicked is because they have an armour save of 2+, can have rokkits, and power klaws! What more could you want!! Power Klaw for tanks... Armour for not getting shot... rokkits for... blowing stuff up!

I'm not sure about the points value for mega-armoured nobz though, probably quite high.

I'm going to put 3 or 5 in a trukk when I move on to 1500 mainly because they are slow and purposeful.

So... Lootas...Lootas...More Lootas... and MEGA ARMOURED NOBZ!!! oh yes and a warboss and a couple of hundred boyz ... and some normal nobz in a trukk... and some battlewagons... and some trukks... and ok I'll shut the hell up now
    Red ones goes faster - it's true :)
    Ork Freebooter Crusaders!
    3/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow thanks guys really helpful and i like yamens idea cause i am big in to burnas and if i can get my warp ead in with that just awseme.also what does zoggwort look like or is there a model coming out from him so i done have to convert

p.s. do you think you could post a list for me Yamnes cause i waould really like to see one with a warp ead
    Last edited by eugen temba; September 1st, 2008 at 01:07.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If youve just started... i suggest get a bunch of boyz (at least 40) and a HQ choice, and stick to this CORE. then add the more fancy stuff.
    remember to keep this core, no matter wat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If youve just started... i suggest get a bunch of boyz (at least 40.) and a HQ choice, and stick to this CORE. then add the more fancy stuff.
    remember to keep this core, no matter wat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

contrary to popular belief, 60 boyz are plenty in a 1000 point game, and i wouldnt go over 120 in a 2000 point battle. boyz are your infantry killers, and one of the best for their point value, dirt cheap at 6 points.. furious charge, and fearless if in groups of 11 or more. 120 boyz are only 720 points, leaving you 1280 points to spend. i suggest NOT getting dreadnoughts, as theyre extremely fragile (boom, you got lasscannon'ed) if u like big clanky walkers, take killa kanz.

your vehicle and MC/ Hero killers are YOUR HQ choices. i always suggest take a warboss. give him mega armour or a big choppa, to boost his strenght to amazing levels. the mega armour comes with a free power klaw, which is amazing at taking vehicles down. set your warboss on a trukk with 8 bodyguard mega-nobz, and a mad dokk with orderlies, and u got urself a unit which does amazing amounts of damage, both attack and strenght wise, and plus have feel-no-pain. this unit will run you around 500 points, and will be used to carve up your enemy's pride-and-joy's (monoliths, special characters, defilers, greater daemons)

your vehicles long range support are unreliable, but extremely fun. lootas are always fun to have, and if ur gettin the assault on black reach box, u get 3 deffkoptaz, each gettin 2 twin-linked rokkit shots. you will hit at least 3 shots each turn.

in conclusion, build a force around a solid amount of troops, a deadly HQ, and shooty support. this is the way to a solid ork army... (i have, never lost. granted, only played around 20ish games)

good luck, young 'un.

let gork and mork guide your choppa hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Aye, Boyz before toyz is a good maxim. 60 is good for 1000-1500 points, but more are always useful.

Beyond that, pretty much anything goes. Lootas for the best long-ranged firepower, Nobs for resilience and dead-killy-ness, Burnas for burnin', Buggies/Bikes/Deff Koptas for speedy support, Battlewagons for a dead 'ard ride, Kommandoz fer sneakin, Trukks fer gettin' stuck in fasta, and so on.

Weirdboyz suffer from not being KFF Meks and Warbosses. They are fun, cheap, and have some useful powers, but they just aren't as reliable as a force field and powerklaw-toting behemoth.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off you should look up what type of Klan you like (Deathskullz being the best!) and try to loosely create an army around that. Also, a Big Mek with a Kustom Force Field is always great when playing a footslogging army.
    "They say the Darkness consumes you. They don't say what happens after It's done."

+ Reply to Thread