Ghazghkull Thraka - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ghazghkull Thraka

Does Ghazghkull Thraka have the slow and purposeful special rule. If so, how does this work. (I'm new to playing ork's, no codex to hand)
    Can Ghazghkull Thraka be attached to a mob of 30 ork's and if so, what speed can the move at.
    Your help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

All of these questions can be answered by the codex and the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

since i won't give you a penisy answer since you just said you DON'T have a codex. The slow and purposeful rule treats the model as if moving through difficult terrain... which means you roll a dice to see how many inches you move instead of the entire 6 inches. There are no rules that say he has the slow and purposeful move, though it says he has mega- armour on his wargear. On the mega-nobz page, it sys any model with mega- armour has to have the slow and purpose ful rule. He can join a unit, but they also move at his speed, a dice roll to see how far they move, so this isn't really a good idea, as you want the majority of you ladz to get into close combat as soon as possible.
    Hope this helps.
    Dreachon, what a useless response. Try answering helpfully instead of being diversly cynical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The slow and purposeful rule is not in the codex, it's in the WH40K rulebook

And... are we not supposed to avoid giving answers which reveal copyrighted content?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are we? Where did you here that? Aftyer just saying that, it's probrably some of the house rules for the website right? I didn't know that before but now do. chhers for the heads up Ramonascus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sergi View Post
    Where did you here that?
    Librarium Online - Rules: Rules of Librarium Online

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmm...

I see where both sides are coming from, but there's a difference between answering a simple question, to clear up confusion, and reciting the rulebook verbatim.

I don't think there's anything wrong with saying that Ghazghskull indeed has the slow and purposeful rule. Even if you have the codex, it's a little confusing since the entry doesn't give him the drawback, but if you look up the full description of his equipment, you'll find his equipment does. So yes, he has slow and purposeful, and any unit you attach him to has to also gains the drawback (since they can't move faster than he does), effectively grinding the speed of an attached 30 boy mob to a halt.

In conclusion, if Games Workshop doesn't want us explaining the rules to new players, then they're going to have to write their books more clearly. ^_^
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since he is an independant character, he gets to roll an extra dice. For the love of pete though, I can't recall where in the 40k rulebook that little nugget is found. Maybe someone can give page numbers for slow and purposeful and the IC special rule.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Teriudin View Post
    Since he is an independant character, he gets to roll an extra dice. For the love of pete though, I can't recall where in the 40k rulebook that little nugget is found. Maybe someone can give page numbers for slow and purposeful and the IC special rule.
    I'm honestly not sure if that's still true in 5th edition. I'll have to check.

Now, what I'm not sure of is if the unit he's attached to moves 2d6 (take the highest) or 3d6. It's one of those odd situations, since they're not independent characters, but since he moves slow and purposefully, so do they. Does the unit move 2d6 (take the highest), since they have slow and purposeful, or are they simply restricted to Ghazghkull's movement, whatever the 3d6 says it is for that turn?

Does anyone know?
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisgrax View Post
    I'm honestly not sure if that's still true in 5th edition. I'll have to check.

Now, what I'm not sure of is if the unit he's attached to moves 2d6 (take the highest) or 3d6. It's one of those odd situations, since they're not independent characters, but since he moves slow and purposefully, so do they. Does the unit move 2d6 (take the highest), since they have slow and purposeful, or are they simply restricted to Ghazghkull's movement, whatever the 3d6 says it is for that turn?

Does anyone know?
    Independant characters do have Move Through Cover and Skilled Rider
    And as I see it, the rulebook says that independent character’s special rules are not conferred upon the unit. So, the Boyz are NOT slow and purposeful, they only have to move at Ghazghkull's pace...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast