implant attack question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

implant attack question

hey guys, just a quick question on implant attack. my c'tan was in combat with the hive tyrant, who had implant attack on him. i missed all my attacks on him =[, and he did two wounds to me, which i ended up saving one. so from the 1 unsaved wound, i took two etc. thereby making me lose combat by two wounds. my question is: when i take pokes from the hive tyrant (or anything with implant attack), do the unsaved pokes benefit from implant attack?

any feedback is appreciated!! =]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

You and your opponent played right. Implant attack does cause 2 wounds for every 1 unsaved wound. Which means if you didn't cause any wounds against his Hive Tyrant and he manged to wound you twice, you saved one, the other caused two wounds (due to Implant Attack). He won combat by two wounds. If he didn't have Implant Attack he would have won by one wound.

It's a nasty little upgrade a few of the Tyranid models can get, the whole purpose of the upgrade is specifically useful against Independent Characters.

You'll normally see Implant Attack used on Hive Tyrants and Brood Lords. Those are generally used to hunt characters. However be very careful against a Tyranid player who upgrades an entire Genestealer brood...that brood is nothing but trouble against anything with multiple wounds, independent characters beware.
    Last edited by Errors; September 1st, 2008 at 09:12.
    Tyranid and Eldar player....don't ask me how I ended up playing these two armies, just smile, nod, slowly move away and don't make eye contact!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for getting back. I suppose I wasn't too clear on what I actually meant =P. What I meant was do the wounds caused by taking pokes benefit from implant? For example, I took two pokes, and failed both saves, do I take 4 wounds or 2 wounds?

Mau'Dib
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

The pokes back (as I read the rules) are caused by the combat, not the tyrant itself. The pokes aren't affected by the implant attack as they just sort of miraculously appear at the end of the combat, rather than being caused by the HT biting, cutting or otherwise attacking the C'Tan. That's how I read it, and while you might be able to argue the other way around, I would say no, you only cause normal wounds for combat rez.
    ~2k of genestealery goodness
    ~1750points of terminator goodness

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

more witty remarks to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Let me attempt this. I believe your asking that if your C'tan took two wounds from the Hive Tyrant, and failed both saves how many wounds would he recieve?

Implant attack causes one additional unsaveable wound for EACH unsaved wound the target takes. This means that a unit with implant attack attacking against a squad full of multi-wound models would never be able to do an odd number of wounds, because each unsaved wound becomes two. So in the above situation your C'tan would take not 2, not 3, but 4 wounds. Not bad for a single combat huh?

But as stated above, the wound allocated for being Fearless do not benefit from Implant Attack.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Oh wait. Looking at your entry in the Necron forums makes it clear what you mean by "pokes". Little early for me. Must not be thinking straight yet. Your talking about Fearless wounds. Which Paul there kindly realized.
    Last edited by grantneodude; September 1st, 2008 at 15:08.
    Tyranids & Daemons: Soul & Biomatter please.

LO Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input guys

+ Reply to Thread