bases colours? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bases colours?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bases colours?

Hi,

I'm painting my Tau Fire Warriors as the standard T'au scheme - Vomit Brown, Vermin Brown, you get the picture.

I'm looking for the right colours to slap on my bases after sanding them... I start out with a Chaos Black undercoat (from the spray can) but what do I do then?

I've got Scorched Brown, Vermin Brown, Vomit Brown, Codex Grey, Graveyard Earth, Bleached Bone etc but I'm willing to buy the right pots to get a nice sandy colour that justifies their desert camo scheme

A Tau Ethereal was thought to have been killed today by a Bloodthirster. However, many Tau were seen fleeing the scene and are considered suspects.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

for my sand i paint desert yellow(no black showing through) and then drybrush bleached bone and paint the rim bleached bone as well. It gives a really good effect.

I Sincerely Want a Parrot counterwavecounter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

From my experience you really don't want your bases to be the same colour as your models, but you do want your bases to compliment your models. Based on your scheme, I would go with Bleached Bone.
    "The man in the bowler hat is Mr. Average in his anonymity. I, too, wear one; I have no great desire to stand out from the masses." - Rene Magritte

+ Reply to Thread