Starting A New Necron Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting A New Necron Army

Hey all, I was thinking of getting into warhammer and after alot of thought i decided to go with necrons. Now I researched alot about necrons and like mostly everything about them except phase out. I am thinking of making 1500 point mainly infantry heavy army. Here is my list feedback would be nice so I dont waste money on worthless units.

HQ
    -Necron Lord W/Ressurection Orb, Vod, Staff of Light - 200
    Elite
    -5 Immortals W/Gauze Blaster - 140
    Troops
    -10 Warriors - 180
    -10 Warriors - 180
    -9 Warriors - 162
    -9 Warriors - 162
    Heavy Support
    -Monolith - 235
    -Monolith - 235

Total Points = 1494
    Phase Out = 11

I feel this list is very strong as I have been doing research so please tell me if i have made a mistake or anything due to the fact I have not bought a codex as of yet.

Thanks in advance

-Moffman

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Codex would be an important thing to get, do so before you try writing anything else up. You can't have squads of 9 warriors, they are minimum of 10 per squad. Your army looks pretty basic, but it's not a bad build.

All of the necron units work well when you first start. Save for Pariahs (I'm not telling you to avoid them, just they're not beginner friendly). The best thing to do is get a smaller army list and work your way up. A Battleforce or Necron Warrior Phalanx is a great way to start. This way you learn what units work for you and what units you don't like as much.

Welcome to LO good luck with your army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree with alzer, I would avoid using pariahs completely, until your a bit more used to the 'crons, they SOUND good, but in real life, aren't, they are hard to use, so don't until you are confident enough to use them.

I notice you lack destroyers, this is a bad idea as they are one of THE best choices in the codex, I would HIGLY recommend you get some, I would recommend dropping 9 warriors (they have to be 10 min.) and adding one warrior to the other 9 man squad, and buying 3 destroyers, 2000 points on the dot!

So, here is MY version of your list:

HQ
    -Necron Lord W/Resurrection Orb, Vod, Staff of Light - 200 (This is a good, traditional flying circus lord, I would use the 10 man squad of warriors, as they can then capture objectives too, but immortals are just as good!)
    Elite
    -5 Immortals W/Gauze Blaster - 140 (No complaints here)
    Troops
    -10 Warriors - 180
    -10 Warriors - 180
    -10 Warriors - 180 (Dropped the 9 man squad, added one to the other, looks good here too)
    Fast Attack
    -3 Destroyers - 150 (These are very good against any enemy, they can take out: light tanks, basic infantry, weaker races infantry (Imperial guards storm toppers, nearly all eldar units, most orks etc.)
    Heavy Support
    -Monolith - 235
    -Monolith - 235 (Looking good, I personally don't take two monoliths, but I havn't played much with one! The 'lith is a very good unit, I would recommend NOT deep striking it though, it is SO much useful from turn one, AND, if something does go wrong, you've lost 235 points that did NOTHING!!!)

Total: 2000 points on the dot if I'm not mistaken
    Phase out: 10/39

Hope this helps!
    Necrons-Currently building, finished by feb with any luck.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ArchLord101

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah thank you alzer and archlord I took the list and made a revision again. I hope this one is better than the one before.

HQ
    Elite
    -5 Immortals - 140
    Troops
    -10 Warriors - 180
    -10 Warriors - 180
    -10 Warriors - 180
    Heavy Support
    -Destroyer - 50
    -Destroyer - 50
    -Destroyer - 50
    -Monolith - 235
    -Monolith - 235

Total Points = 1500
    Phase Out = 9

Also I was thinking about this list

HQ
    Elite
    -5 Immortals - 140
    Troops
    -10 Warriors - 180
    -10 Warriors - 180
    -10 Warriors - 180
    -10 Warriors - 180
    Heavy Support
    -Destroyer - 50
    -Destroyer - 50
    -Destroyer - 50
    -Destroyer - 50
    -Monolith - 235

Total Points = 1500
    Phase Out = 11.5

Thanks In Advance

-Moffman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A warrior phalanx would be a really good idea, even if you don't end up using all the models, you have a load out troeps, one monolith, destroyers and a lith. It saves you a lot of money from buying seperately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are the destroyers heavy, if so you need to put them in squads because you can only have 3 heavy supports and 3 fast attacks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

You really need to get a codex before you'll be able to make a properly working list. For the points distribution in your new lists I prefer the second one however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im confused are those suppose to be heavy destroyers or destroyers because destroyers are 50pts and are in fast atk if they are heavy destroyers i suggest swiching them to destroyers

+ Reply to Thread