Burnas or more Boyz? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burnas or more Boyz?

I was looking real hard at the loota/burna sprue and noticed that they have the basic boy as the foundation. I bought one box of lootas and I had all the Burna Parts left over.

So I went and bought a another box of lootas and a box of boyz. My secret little plan is to take the lootas and add them to the unit I have, and take the boy bodies and use the burna parts for them.

But after looking over my collection, I realized that I have 50 boyz not including the box I have allocated to make burnas.

If I took that box, I cold have 60 boyz, or three units of 20, an acceptable number, in my view.

Otherwise, 2 units of 25 boyz, plus 10 burnas.

Any thoughts? I do so like the burnas, and I hate to see a massive couple sprues go to waste.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Tyranids, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Buy one thing now, and buy the other later. Write up a list you want to game with and roll with that until you can afford a few extra sprues to make it all complete.

I plan on doing something similar using Da Green Tide box and a couple Loota/Burna boxes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Already have them. I seriously have a box of lootas and a box of boys staring at me right now. The lootas were a necessity, I just happen to have enough burna bits and I knew I was gonna need more boyz one way or the other.
    Last edited by Slithyr; September 11th, 2008 at 17:02.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Tyranids, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmm...

I think you should go with more boyz. The more the better. I'm not a big fan of burnas in 5th edition. They aren't bad, but they need a transport, and you're probably better off taking troop choices, since elite choices can't claim objectives. The reason this matters with burnas and not other elite choices, is because burnas are anti-infantry (either horde or Marines) and normal boyz are already good at anti-infantry, and they can claim objectives.

Personally, I used the burna parts (guns, backpacks and straps) to make more lootas. By clipping off the parts that make it look specifically like a burna (canisters attached to the guns and such), and gluing on a few random bits, they actually came out pretty well.

If the choice is between burnas and more boyz, I'd go with more boyz, but don't throw the burna bits away. If you decide later that you want some burnas, then just use the bits and a box of boyz to make the burnas.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burnas are dangerous, the problem is they're so damn Dangerous that they get shot up before just about anything else, even Nob/MAN/LR Vun stuff, If Burna Squads could take a few boyz in their groups to take some shots like in teh old burna squads it would work better i think.

As it stands Burna squads can't take cannon fodder, and cannon fodder groups can't take Burna Upgrades, a group of Kommando's with a couple Burnas(and a Nob with a PK) is probibly a better Elite choice, imo. And for burnas in a trukk, you could take teh 12 shoota boyz truck, and keep a cheap scoring unit, BUT... it'll get shot to pieces ebfore any other Meched unit, cept maybe a MANZ in a trukk/Bwagon

+ Reply to Thread