the effectiveness of 2 monoliths in 1500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the effectiveness of 2 monoliths in 1500pts

Wouldn't 2 monoliths in 1500pts be extremely effective in 5th ed? In the 5th games i've seen monoliths sit there in the middle of the battlefield and spit death. at XXXpts i feel you could run 2 pretty easily in 1500 while still fielding enough warriors, 3squads, to hold objectives.

Careful with point costs -- Canew

Last edited by Canew; September 22nd, 2008 at 16:20.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

Yes, 2 monoliths would ruin anyones day. The only people that would cause you threats would be Tau and IG with tons of lascannons. Because with enough S9+ they will eventually pop it, other armies though...would hold very well!
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

This is for the haters... CrownAxe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

I've found it to be very effective, espacialy since i use my 2 monos as a wall to protect my warriors untill they reach combat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i feel like the whip is really really really awesome too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to say you can teleport any necron unit to the position of one of the Manolos if needed using the Gate of both. This gives you some chance to move arround. Necrons aren't very quick in movement and this could help!

But beware of lassers, ordenance or AP1 enemy weapons. You dont want to end up waisting 470 pts in a turn!
    Last edited by novitaun; September 17th, 2008 at 13:19.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by novitaun View Post
    Not to say you can teleport any necron unit to the position of one of the Manolos if needed using the Gate of both. This gives you some chance to move arround. Necrons aren't very quick in movement and this could help!
    Your language is not very clear here, so I may be wrong, but if you are suggesting that you can use both monoliths to teleport a single unit in one turn, that won't work. It's called "chain teleporting," and it's not allowed, according to the codex.
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes that's true, chain teleportation is not permited. 2 m'liths are more than effective, they can be used as shield for your warriors (which are not very good at close combat). particle whip is deadly, i destroyed whole units with it.

i tend to use:

1 lord
    7 immortals / 4 destroyers
    10 warriors x4
    2 m'liths

its a powerful list

your enemy must destroy 36 / 34 models to phase you out (very difficult hehe)

imp: keep all units close to each other! alone we are good for nothing (excluding Ctans)but a compact army will be a whole nightmare for your opponent.

DarkFanatic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    Your language is not very clear here, so I may be wrong, but if you are suggesting that you can use both monoliths to teleport a single unit in one turn, that won't work. It's called "chain teleporting," and it's not allowed, according to the codex.

You are getting me wrong!! I never said to use 2 monoliths to teleport the same unit in the same turn!!! What I wanted to suggest was the fact that u can use the power matrix twice (one per Monolith) on a the same turn to move 2 of your units arround.
    Sorry for the missunderstanding xD
    Last edited by novitaun; September 22nd, 2008 at 12:21.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now imagine that with a lord with res orb, and a 20 strong and a 19 strong unit of warriors, and 2 monos. Thats a 1492 pt army.

Power matrix rerolling WBB means 39 models a turn could get effectively a 75% chance of passing a vertual invunerable save (after failing a normal one). Assuming you keep your lord handy. Thats Pretty impossible to phase out. But also the most dull army i could imagine (the bane of all necron collectors)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That list would be horribly inefficient due to the fact that the squad sized are far too large for disembarking, and that with 5th, it won't score very well. And we can't have that can we?
    |T|O|O|-|L|A|Z|Y|-my anti-drug

The rep button () is your friend!

Be off-topic and visit www.theopia.com

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast