is this cheesy? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this cheesy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this cheesy?

I was reading in the rulebook on the part where it mentions taking wounds on a unit with identical models.
    If I had an 'el with two fireknife bodyguards. I was thinking of giving one of the bodyguards a hw drone controler, but no drones. It's basically a free upgrade that makes each model in the unit different, so that should the unit take 2 wounds, I could put 1 on each bodyguard rather than have to put both on 1 were they the same.
    I have not tried this out yet, but I have a game later today and was thinking of trying it for grins. What do you all think of this?

Why did the chicken cross the road?
    For the greater good.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Skink View Post
    I was reading in the rulebook on the part where it mentions taking wounds on a unit with identical models.
    If I had an 'el with two fireknife bodyguards. I was thinking of giving one of the bodyguards a hw drone controler, but no drones. It's basically a free upgrade that makes each model in the unit different, so that should the unit take 2 wounds, I could put 1 on each bodyguard rather than have to put both on 1 were they the same.
    I have not tried this out yet, but I have a game later today and was thinking of trying it for grins. What do you all think of this?
    You cannot take a Drone controller without Drones, check the codex it says you must take 1 or 2 Drones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahh my mistake, I misread must for may so nevermind
    well instead how about a hard wired blacksun filter? just a few points and each model in the unit is different, would it be worth it?
    Why did the chicken cross the road?
    For the greater good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Crisis should come with shield drones anyway.

A shas'el and 2 bodyguard can be different by giving a bodyguard a shield drone or two.

While teams of 2 crisis are also easy to make different. Deathrains for example can have 1 bsf 1 targeting array.

It is a very, very good idea to make all two wound models in your army different to the other members of the unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not clear on the wound allocation rule either...I thought that any model that has a wound must take the wounds first.

First, if two different model types are in the same unit, can wounds be divided between them?

Second, if that is true, would a different piece of wargear be enough to claim that the units are different, and exploit the wounds a bit more?

If so, I'm all for being cheesy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

if you wanted to be real cheese then just give one hard wired blacksun filter just to be a pain

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Blevsta, if their are different models in a unit before you roll saves you divide the wounds amongst them and then roll saves.

So this may make it so that you roll snake eyes on the first one and pass all the rest, still lose a suit. Or it can be where you fail only one on each suit, you just lost 3 wounds but kept 3 models.

And the difference in stats and wargear is what divides the wounds. While by wargear it is normally a weapon, technically a black sun filter on one would suffice as if you lose that one you could no longer see double the distance in the dark
    Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys tyranid player here just checking out the tau board. What you are proposing should work; we 'nids do something similar with out warriors.

In a selection of warriors, each can be given a different weapon set, making it a different model type. It may be cheesy; but, at least it is cheesy in multiple armies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

that would be a waste on nids as they wouldnt be ideal just for certain types tau its different because we have wargear seeing as all the guys in your squads have to have the same tyranid wargear stuffs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Mirage

Untrue. Within a tyranid warrior brood, each warrior may be equipped with different weapons. Our different weapons biomorphs are akin to your different wargear for the squad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast