WBB - what is the same "type"? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WBB - what is the same "type"?

Hi guys,

I have difficulty determining what the Codex means by "type" when it states that the same "type" must be within 6" of the downed unit to get the WBB roll.

Is a Flayed One the same "type" as a Warrior?

Is a Destroyer the same "type" as a Heavy Destroyer (and the Destroyer Lord)?

What about the Wraiths?

Hope anyone can say, "Yeah Mike, those are the same types." Because as long as they are not, it's totally killing me out there! I'm talking 'Cron slaughter!

If they are not the same types, the Tomb Spyder is near useless. How often do you have another Heavy Destroyer another place at the map than in the same unit??

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

This is for the haters... CrownAxe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

every model is a different type

warrirosr are the only types of warirors

Desotryers are the only type of destroyers

Heavy destroyers ar the only type of Heavy destroyers

Wraiths are the only type of wraiths

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was not good news

But thanks alot! That makes it easier to suck it up and stop whining

Thanks again,

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by mike_anderson2000 View Post

If they are not the same types, the Tomb Spyder is near useless. How often do you have another Heavy Destroyer another place at the map than in the same unit??

Mike
    The heavy destroyer does'nt need to be in the same unit, even if a full unit is wiped out they still get WBB if there is a model of the same type within 6 inchs the tomb spyder just greatly extends this range and makes your army a little less clumsy.

Plus tomb spyders are awesome from a fluff and are actually quite good in gameplay. They are by far my favorite heavy support choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

So you're fielding Tomb Spyders as one support unit and 2 units of heavy destroyers? Am I wrong?

How do you use Tomb Spyders in general?

Mike

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

102 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by mike_anderson2000 View Post
    Thanks

So you're fielding Tomb Spyders as one support unit and 2 units of heavy destroyers? Am I wrong?

How do you use Tomb Spyders in general?

Mike
    Tomb spyders extend te 6" rule to any model on the table.
    Example: I have 2 squads of warriors completely at opposite ends of the table, unit 1 has a tomb spyder nearby and is wiped out. Normally they wouldn't get a WBB but since the tomb spyder is nearby and there are LIKE models anywhere on the table, that squad would get WBB (FYI they would also join the nearest squad as that squad no longer exists).

Personally I use tomb spyders in 2 ways, to extend WBB a bit, but also now a good counter charging unit. Plus you can field up to 3 and they count for only ONE heavy support choice, yet can all still move independantly like they were seperate! With the majority toughness rules in 5th, tomb spyders pop out ONE scarab and become a 5 wound T6 monstrous creature for DIRT cheap (even though their weapon skill sux, if they do land a blow though, WOO HOO!)
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

screw tomb spyders...warrior phalanx with reslord ftw!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Trainer View Post
    ...tomb spyders pop out ONE scarab and become a 5 wound T6 monstrous creature...
    2 models halves the effective wounds. unless they are being done 1 at a time which I don't know any players that would.
    Dear Game Designer,
    Rock is Cheese. Paper is fine.
    Signed,
    Scissors

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

102 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by DJinni View Post
    2 models halves the effective wounds. unless they are being done 1 at a time which I don't know any players that would.
    5th edition changed how majority toughness reads. In case of EQUAL number of 'bases' it goes to the highest. So if your spyder just popped ONE scarab base out, that scarab base assumes T6 wounds too! So when you're spreading around your wounds give the no save bad stuff to the scarab base, and give your spyder the easier to save against stuff. Either way, you have a total of 2+3 (T6) wounds.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Trainer View Post
    5th edition changed how majority toughness reads. In case of EQUAL number of 'bases' it goes to the highest. So if your spyder just popped ONE scarab base out, that scarab base assumes T6 wounds too! So when you're spreading around your wounds give the no save bad stuff to the scarab base, and give your spyder the easier to save against stuff. Either way, you have a total of 2+3 (T6) wounds.
    wounds not toughness.
    yeah you have 5 wounds at T6 but its on 2 models, you apply 2 wounds off of a S6 AP5 weapon, one wound goes to the spyder that he porbably saves and the scarabs die from taking the wound (instant death)
    sure they roll to wound on toughness 6, but the instant death for the assigned wound is based upon toughness of the model. same thing with template weapons, as soon as you assign it to the scarabs BAM 2 wounds.
    don't get me wrong, its good...its so good its worth taking a wound for. but its not as good as having 2 spyders. the real difference is you have to pay for the second spyder, and the scarabs are free.
    Dear Game Designer,
    Rock is Cheese. Paper is fine.
    Signed,
    Scissors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast