quicky on Stealth suits - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member image vertification sux's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quicky on Stealth suits

Do shav're stealthsuits able to get positional relay? I can't find any difference between a team leader and Shav're other than iniative.
    Please help

I might write like a ork but i fight like a poet.
    Some one tell me they have ever seen a nightbringer die from a Nemesis Force Weapon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x4)

Seeing as the Crisis Battlesuit Team entry on the opposing page specifically states who can get Special Issue Wargear, and there is no mention of such an option in the Stealth Team entry whatsoever, I say that Stealth Team team leaders and Shas'vre team leaders are unable to purchase special issue wargear.

On the side, why would you ever take a positional relay anyways?
    My gaming group's new motto: That army you're using is overpowered because it hurts my guys, codex is broken and needs a rewrite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Positional relay is fantastic. It's just overpriced, that's why I don't take it. But what it does is very useful.

lLonginus is right though, stealths can't take special issue wargear.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lLonginus View Post
    Seeing as the Crisis Battlesuit Team entry on the opposing page specifically states who can get Special Issue Wargear, and there is no mention of such an option in the Stealth Team entry whatsoever, I say that Stealth Team team leaders and Shas'vre team leaders are unable to purchase special issue wargear.

On the side, why would you ever take a positional relay anyways?
    Deepstrike a CBS with twin linked fusion blaster next to a tank.
    Some one tell me they have ever seen a nightbringer die from a Nemesis Force Weapon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by image vertification sux View Post
    Deepstrike a CBS with twin linked fusion blaster next to a tank.
    Aaaand watch as it scatters, fails to destroy said tank and then dies miserably next turn. Pos relay sucks for the cost. Read the rules for this expensive bit of tat.
    One unit held in reserve may be deployed on a 2+, but the downside is no other unit may be deployed. Also all the normal rules for DS apply, scatter, mishaps etc. This thing costs 15pts and takes up a hard point and for what?
    Ok you have an 83% chance of deploying but you have a 66% chance of scattering and with fusion that means you have a good chance of ending up more than 6" away. I am not going to go into detail regarding the math hammer for a STR8 weapon destroying an AV12/13/14 vehicle (I will leave that to the geeks who have the time and inclination that's a joke by the way ) but believe me it is not that good, to have any realistic chance you need to be in range to get the 2D6 bonus and that is by no means certain with DS. So while your sole DSing suit is probably failing to do anything your other DS units are languishing in DS limbo because they cannot deploy.
    Why would anyone waste a valuable hardpoint on this piece of tat is beyond me. As far as I am concerned DS ought to be removed from the options for the XV8. The XV8 is so intrinsically unsuited to the concept of DS that it sometimes makes me despair when I see players wasting 75pts plus of basic points cost on a unit that is not suited to this type of tactic' Termies are suited to it because they can weather the storm of fire that inevitably comes there way but the XV8 simply CANNOT do this. XV8's are mobile interdiction units as per their name 'crisis suits' they are not suicide flamer/fusion suits.When is this simple fact going to be recognised.
    We have so much that the XV8 can do well, so why is there this obsession with trying to shoe horn the XV8 into roles it is not suited to perform?

PS what is 'Image vertification' ? perchance do you mean 'Image verification'? is vertification even a word? we need answers dude.
    Last edited by Rikimaru; September 23rd, 2008 at 01:38.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aaaand watch as it scatters, fails to destroy said tank and then dies miserably next turn. Pos relay sucks for the cost. Read the rules for this expensive bit of tat.
    One unit held in reserve may be deployed on a 2+, but the downside is no other unit may be deployed. Also all the normal rules for DS apply, scatter, mishaps etc. This thing costs 15pts and takes up a hard point and for what?
    Ok you have an 83% chance of deploying but you have a 66% chance of scattering and with fusion that means you have a good chance of ending up more than 6" away. I am not going to go into detail regarding the math hammer for a STR8 weapon destroying an AV12/13/14 vehicle (I will leave that to the geeks who have the time and inclination that's a joke by the way ) but believe me it is not that good, to have any realistic chance you need to be in range to get the 2D6 bonus and that is by no means certain with DS. So while your sole DSing suit is probably failing to do anything your other DS units are languishing in DS limbo because they cannot deploy.
    Why would anyone waste a valuable hardpoint on this piece of tat is beyond me. As far as I am concerned DS ought to be removed from the options for the XV8. The XV8 is so intrinsically unsuited to the concept of DS that it sometimes makes me despair when I see players wasting 75pts plus of basic points cost on a unit that is not suited to this type of tactic' Termies are suited to it because they can weather the storm of fire that inevitably comes there way but the XV8 simply CANNOT do this. XV8's are mobile interdiction units as per their name 'crisis suits' they are not suicide flamer/fusion suits.When is this simple fact going to be recognised.
    We have so much that the XV8 can do well, so why is there this obsession with trying to shoe horn the XV8 into roles it is not suited to perform?

PS what is 'Image vertification' ? perchance do you mean 'Image verification'? is vertification even a word? we need answers dude.
    Yeah nice rant
    Basically use pathfinders... reroll the scatter dice. It's 53pts for a BS 4 twin linked fusion blaster... It may not kill the tank but it still has a good chance, surely it plays a pyschological game with your opponent. 2+ for a turn 2 drop in isn't bad if they're a nasty LR with pritty hard troops in.
    Why I had to read all your tat is beyond me too
    Let me explain
    5th edition brings troops and objectives into play, with the new LOS rules it's easy to get away from range attacks (hide out of LOS) Now seen as stealthsuits suck in my personal view I wouldn't use them... Battlesuits are the easiest way around this.
    Battlesuits are 'well'ard' with two wounds and a 3+ save and the ability to have feel no pain a Good Shaso could shrug off most fire deep striking and plant nuclear warheads and plasma fire onto your opponent.
    Image Vertification... when you register for websites such as this you have to type in a code to stop bots, the code is the vertification and the image is the reading the code which you have to copy.
    It sucks because it took many times to do and thinking about it now some people are dislexic.
    Don't make it hard for the both of us.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Yeah nice rant
    A nice rant that is full of facts the best sort of rant.

Basically use pathfinders... reroll the scatter dice. It's 53pts for a BS 4 twin linked fusion blaster... It may not kill the tank but it still has a good chance, surely it plays a pyschological game with your opponent. 2+ for a turn 2 drop in isn't bad if they're a nasty LR with pritty hard troops in.
    Mmmm Ok so now we need to add a 180+pt unit to 'maybe' get a decent scatter, re-rolls sound great until you realise that you have exactly the same chance of scattering as the first roll and can indeed end up worse of. I have played this game for a very long time and two things are constant:
    (1) If you need anything but a 1 you will roll a 1
    (2) Deep strike rarely works to plan
    I think I can count on one hand the times I have seen a DSing unit destroy a vehicle, however I can think of countless times that I have seen a DS go horribly wrong and the unit be destroyed. What I do tend to see is the tactical use of DS, where a player will DS a unit safely for field position or deployed with an objective in mind. Very rarely do I see the successful use of a DS unit sent to destroy vehicles. It simply has to much going against it to rely on it as a solid tactic.
    Why I had to read all your tat is beyond me too
    Let me explain
    You do not have to read it dude, but hey you never know you may learn something
    5th edition brings troops and objectives into play
    Oh did we not have troops and objectives in 4th?

with the new LOS rules it's easy to get away from range attacks (hide out of LOS)
    Again did we not have LOS in 4th? And could we not hide out of said LOS in 4th? This is hardly a massive difference between 4th and 5th. If you were out of LOS you were out of LOS (4th or 5th) and it was actually easier to hide in 4th anyway.

Now seen as stealthsuits suck in my personal view I wouldn't use them...
    Thankyou for that insightful, thorough and in depth critic of the Stealth suit. The Stealth unit does not suck in the slightest fella. Ok they take some skill to use but when you know how to use them they are an awesome unit.

Battlesuits are the easiest way around this.
    Around what? Fact is the XV8 is not the way around anything to do with the Stealth suit, they both fill totally different battlefield roles
    Battlesuits are 'well'ard' with two wounds and a 3+ save and the ability to have feel no pain a Good Shaso could shrug off most fire deep striking and plant nuclear warheads and plasma fire onto your opponent.
    Oh so that 53pt suit has now become a 106pt minimum unit and believe me a Shas'O is very easily taken down (FNP or no) all it takes is a decent volly of small arms fire. XV8's are not hard, they are in fact only slightly tougher to kill than a Marine. You should never ever rely on an XV8's armour to save it, that is a fools game. The way to keep the Xv8 safe is to use the JSJ move, terrain to block LOS, keeping the XV8 at max range and using other units to provide saves if needed, relying on an XV8's armour and a Stealth's stealth field to keep them safe is a recipe for the quick removal of said units.
    Image Vertification... when you register for websites such as this you have to type in a code to stop bots, the code is the vertification and the image is the reading the code which you have to copy.
    It sucks because it took many times to do and thinking about it now some people are dislexic.
    Don't make it hard for the both of us.
    Oh forgive me for not being psychic and not knowing that who ever is dyslexic. I had never heard of the word 'vertification' (seeing as the spell checker throws it up as a misspell) and I was asking you what it meant and if you meant verification (we do have some members who use English as a second language). I think you can see that I was not being serious. Why am I making it hard for anyone, it was only a light hearted question dude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A nice rant that is full of facts the best sort of rant.

Mmmm Ok so now we need to add a 180+pt unit to 'maybe' get a decent scatter, re-rolls sound great until you realise that you have exactly the same chance of scattering as the first roll and can indeed end up worse of. I have played this game for a very long time and two things are constant:
    (1) If you need anything but a 1 you will roll a 1
    (2) Deep strike rarely works to plan
    I think I can count on one hand the times I have seen a DSing unit destroy a vehicle, however I can think of countless times that I have seen a DS go horribly wrong and the unit be destroyed. What I do tend to see is the tactical use of DS, where a player will DS a unit safely for field position or deployed with an objective in mind. Very rarely do I see the successful use of a DS unit sent to destroy vehicles. It simply has to much going against it to rely on it as a solid tactic.

You do not have to read it dude, but hey you never know you may learn something

Oh did we not have troops and objectives in 4th?

Again did we not have LOS in 4th? And could we not hide out of said LOS in 4th? This is hardly a massive difference between 4th and 5th. If you were out of LOS you were out of LOS (4th or 5th) and it was actually easier to hide in 4th anyway.

Thankyou for that insightful, thorough and in depth critic of the Stealth suit. The Stealth unit does not suck in the slightest fella. Ok they take some skill to use but when you know how to use them they are an awesome unit.

Around what? Fact is the XV8 is not the way around anything to do with the Stealth suit, they both fill totally different battlefield roles

Oh so that 53pt suit has now become a 106pt minimum unit and believe me a Shas'O is very easily taken down (FNP or no) all it takes is a decent volly of small arms fire. XV8's are not hard, they are in fact only slightly tougher to kill than a Marine. You should never ever rely on an XV8's armour to save it, that is a fools game. The way to keep the Xv8 safe is to use the JSJ move, terrain to block LOS, keeping the XV8 at max range and using other units to provide saves if needed, relying on an XV8's armour and a Stealth's stealth field to keep them safe is a recipe for the quick removal of said units.

Oh forgive me for not being psychic and not knowing that who ever is dyslexic. I had never heard of the word 'vertification' (seeing as the spell checker throws it up as a misspell) and I was asking you what it meant and if you meant verification (we do have some members who use English as a second language). I think you can see that I was not being serious. Why am I making it hard for anyone, it was only a light hearted question dude
    1 or maybe 2 CBS deepstrike is 106pts... They are suicidal obviously and make up for the risk being able to destroy a tank in turn 2.
    Ok again Deepstrike is not safe... in 5th edition it's safer, with pathfinder (special rule: marker beacon) it's safer, with a positional relay it's more reliable.
    We had troops in 4th edition but they don't work quite the same... Troop choices (with a few exclusions) are the only units which can capture objectives.
    Easier to hide away, yes. More advantageous to hide away... no. In 5th edition hiding is more advantageous because it improves your chances of holding a objective.
    Around the idea of hiding troops on objectives... Deepstriking is a solution--> CBS look the best option.
    Mhmm no i wasn't commenting on the CBS with twin fusion blasters... I didnt quite make that clear.
    Basically a Shaso like this:
    Shaso
    Plasma rifle
    Air bursting fragmentation blaster
    Shield Generator
    Stimulant Injector
    HW multi Tracker
    150pts with a retinue.
    Mathammer backwards 4 Wounds, Feel no pain 50% - 8 feel no pain saves (on average will kill the shaso), CBS armor 1:3 will fail (3x8=24) - 24 armor saves (will have to be taken in order to cause 8 feel no pain saves on average)
    So over 60 Space Marine Boltgun shots.
    Yeah I think your right it's verification lol thanks and sorry for any disrespect... And sorry for seeming 'funny' but I'm probably big headed at times
    ... Stealth suits, 18" range weapons... I forgot they had jetpack, I suppose there O.k. but they engage on the flanks mostly I imagine?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x4)

Stealthsuits engage where you need them to, when you need them to. I've mainly used them to great effect on flanks, chewing away at the enemy's side whilst they are unable to do anything in return.

The thing that comes to my mind with your use of the PR is probability. Say you've got one model deepstriking on a 2+ (remember the PR can't be on the deepstriking model, it has to be on the board to be used). That's a 5/6 chance of successfully deepstriking. Now say you've got two models deepstriking w/o PR on turn 2. That's two 3/6 chances, giving you a 6/6 chance. The only remote situation to take the PR would be if you had only one unit to deepstrike, otherwise you're going to yield greater returns deepstriking units normally.
    My gaming group's new motto: That army you're using is overpowered because it hurts my guys, codex is broken and needs a rewrite.

+ Reply to Thread