Da Flash Gitz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Da Flash Gitz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im thinking of starting a bad moons army pretty soon and was just looking for some opinions on flash gitz in general. I dont think i will give their shootas upgrades because it seems a little more expensive than it should be for me. I was thinking 4 big shootas and a nob with choppa and big shoota probably mounted in a battlewagon with 3 TL big shootas and 5 bolt on big shootas.

Also, How should I model the flash gitz differently from my other boyz? I was thinking about maybe just giving them a more recoiling effect with their feet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)
    As badmoon's are wealthy ( for Orks standards that is )

You could try to put as many equipment on them and for the Bigshoota boys, give them something like a backpack filled with ammo or an ammochain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DON'T TAKE THE ZOGGERS! Despite their astonishing firepower, they're still Orks, so still can't hit a barn door at ten feet. Bin them and take Stormboyz, Skarboyz and 'Ard Boyz. If you want your army to look rich, put wargear on all the Nobz and Bosses and upgrade all the vehicles.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi omniam pecuniam mihi dabis, saxum immanem ad capitem tuum mittam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

I would have to disagree with squigeon here. I play with the bad moonz and i have two 20 ork units of flash gitz as my troops. In each squad i have the four big shootas plus one on the nob. That gives the unit 15 strength 5 shots assualt weapon shoots at 36 inches. What is bad about that? You are going to hit with at the very worst three or four times. Remember with orks, "it all counts in large amounts"
    I also have give the units the more dakka upgrade, while expensive it means that the remaining 15 boyz can spout out 30 strength 4 assualt shots at 24 inches. This is not to be sneezed at.
    Even if it is ork shooting those two units combined can shoot 30 strength five shots at range 36 inches and 60 strength 4 shots at range 24?
    Yes i know it is fives to hit but the more you shoot the more you hit. The only major downside of this is that it does make those two units very expensive. (in ork terms) But hey, were are bad moonz, money is not a problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if yer sicking 'em in battle wagons, dont give them any weapon upgrades, as many will just be shooting Bolt ons.

Gitz are great(no pun intended). I don't get to use them 'couse I play KoS, but I allways wish I could.

A way to moddle them is to cut off the ammo clips from other shootas, and glueing it on the barrel in a way so that it looks like the nob's shootas(with the multiple clips hanging off the gun).

hope im making sence.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner"
    -Ben Franklin

-Guns don't kill people, bullets do.-

-Support your local game store! Don't buy online or from GW stores.-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

189 (x8)

even with the lousy BS of orks, firing 5 bigshootas allways ensures that around 5 to 6 will

and don't forget the fact that BS2 orks often shoot better than BS3 guardsmen

In your mind - well you cant prove im not.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, i dont think much of the flash gits but remember when it comes to the battle wagon the big shooters are twin linked which means with 3 basic and 5 bolt on thats 24 shots. Thats a average of 13.3 shots hitting a turn.
    The poster formaly known as VampireSoul, formaly known as OrkSlugga now known as Orkslugga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

189 (x8)

that's a lot of shots hitting an enemy unit and with the strenght value of a big shoota, wounding will be quite easy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like rokkits better, yea bs have 3 times the shots of rokkit launchas but when rokkits hit they do alot more damage.

In your mind - well you cant prove im not.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Humm.. rokkits i dont think much of them really they always seem to miss and are less verstile who cares if you shoot three and kill one marine, you will probaly do that wth big shooters anyway and you will kill more than one guardsman ect.
    The poster formaly known as VampireSoul, formaly known as OrkSlugga now known as Orkslugga.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast