Scorpion chainsword + claw Q - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scorpion chainsword + claw Q

If a scorpion exarch has the scorpions claw, would he attack at S8 or S6? The codex says you can only attack with one special weapon. The description for the chain sword just says that it adds +1S to his attacks, not to his attacks with that specific weapon ( or is that just implied?). I would love for my exarch to be able to kill my friends 2W ork bikers with one shot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by PartNinja View Post
    If a scorpion exarch has the scorpions claw, would he attack at S8 or S6? The codex says you can only attack with one special weapon. The description for the chain sword just says that it adds +1S to his attacks, not to his attacks with that specific weapon ( or is that just implied?). I would love for my exarch to be able to kill my friends 2W ork bikers with one shot.
    Pretty positive that the Scorpion Chainsword counts as a "special" weapon, so he's either S4 with that or S6 with the Claw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's certainly a special weapon but the dex doesnt say it only adds +1S for attacking with it, just that the weapon grants +1S to his attacks. So he would be attacking with the power fist, but still holding a weapon that gives +1s in his other hand. See what im getting at?

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by PartNinja View Post
    It's certainly a special weapon but the dex doesnt say it only adds +1S for attacking with it, just that the weapon grants +1S to his attacks. So he would be attacking with the power fist, but still holding a weapon that gives +1s in his other hand. See what im getting at?
    I think that may be reading a bit too much into if, personally. The weapon grants the bonus strength, so you have to be wielding the weapon in order to get that bonus... I would say that counts as being only when using that weapon for your attacks. If it weren't a weapon, or if it specified that the effect stacked with other special weapons, then I'd say go for it, but as it is I'd say it's probably not allowed.

Also, typically, all strength bonuses are added on to a Power Fisted/Clawed model after the strength doubling effect, so the most you could get is S7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Lost nemesis, it's either or. The chainsword doesn't give the model +1S all the time, only when attacking with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RAW would indicate a Str of 7 attacking last and not getting an axtra attack because they are both treated as special weapons.

Its how i play it in tournaments and is accepted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Why strength 7? Claw doubles strength 3 to 6 surely?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x0)

It wouldn't be S7, as you can only gain the benefit of one special weapon at a time, meaning your base S3 gets doubled to S6, and that's the end of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might be wrong here, but isn't this a moot point?

I thought the Claw REPLACED the chainsword anyways.... Haven't got my codex in front of me, so forgive me if I'm wrong....
    Herald of the Colonel; Festooned with pistols, riddled with vermin, and finger lickin' good...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x0)

Nope, replaces shuriken pistol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast