battleplan, not army list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

battleplan, not army list

Planning a battle plan takes alot of work it seems,
    but this is my initial proposal for a 2000 pt plan
    its not the army thats in question, its the plan, but to understand the plan you need a list.
    2 Monoliths, providing cover (as marked by the 2 big boxes in the diagram below)
    2X10 Warriors, hopefully covering the rear (the diagnal rectangles)
    1 C'tan the Deciever, the main painbringer in the army (gasp! not a nightbringer, marked with O)
    9 Pariahs, best unit to accompany the C'tan (the inner V shaped box)
    2X6 Scarabs, to stave off CC (marked with x)
    2X2 Destroyers flank support and take out anything that attempts to deepstrilke
    1 lord with res orb (Ressurect my prettys)

The plan is to move up and CC with C'tan destroying squads, where as the pariahs will be used to spank vehicles,and assault any remaining scarabs to tie up more enemy units. Monoliths concentrate there attacks on something big preferably. destroyers and warriors try and survive.

Before people start to tear this appart, im pretty aware this will fail in a huge way Versus Tau and IG. But this is a a battle plan to get the deciever into combat... whenever hes on the field, seems hes a magnet for anything slightly painful. I considered taking nightbringer, but the deciever seems a whole lot more fun.

Edit: i had included a diagram of my battleplan, unfortunately, it all got left aligned. please use your imagination

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by zhambah View Post
    Planning a battle plan takes alot of work it seems,
    but this is my initial proposal for a 2000 pt plan
    its not the army thats in question, its the plan, but to understand the plan you need a list.
    2 Monoliths, providing cover (as marked by the 2 big boxes in the diagram below)

Monoliths are alright.... alot of points to be putting in cover. If your using them for just that I would suggest dropping them. 500 points on more units is much better than covering up a smaller amount.

2X10 Warriors, hopefully covering the rear (the diagnal rectangles)

Here's were your plan with fail. At 2000 points you have 2 scoring units when your opponent will most likely have 4 - 6. Warriors are so easily run down in combat and slow that scoring is a very big issue for us now. 2 x 10 warriors was a good choice in 4th edition but now we need to use our lack luster troop choice.

1 C'tan the Deciever, the main painbringer in the army (gasp! not a nightbringer, marked with O)

The Deciever is a great unit I use him almost every single time I play.

9 Pariahs, best unit to accompany the C'tan (the inner V shaped box)

Pariahs suck drop them for immortals.

2X6 Scarabs, to stave off CC (marked with x)

Scarabs are alright now, they take alot more wounds in CC now cause of the fearless rule. I would advise putting them in a big squad of 10.

2X2 Destroyers flank support and take out anything that attempts to deepstrilke

You can't have destroyers in units of 2 plus you've put in 4 fast attack units in your army when the maximum is 3.
    1 lord with res orb (Ressurect my prettys)

Again Lords are an alright use of points. They don't really do anything amazing.

To be honest I think you really need to rethink your list ... at 2000 points you have 25 necron units to count towards phase out.

Drop those monoliths and the Pariahs and get an extra squad of warriors, and more destroyers or Immortals.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but what you described was what every necron army is, its always the same, wanted to spice things up a bit,

Pariahs are not bad in anyway, cept they dont benefit from WBB, if i get them to the enemy they will pretty much tear up the place. along with the deceiver.

monoliths wont only be providing cover, but will be laying the perverbial smack down on the big things,

And sorry about the destroyers, that was meant to be heavy destroyers.

i know with a low troop choice it runs the high risk of death by phase out, but with LoS exploitation and scarabs to keep them out of CC I dont see the problem with taking lower numbers if they are going to survive and the rest of the army does the job, i should be fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that list looks really bad... i feel(and prolly many others) that you should have aprox 1 unit of 10 warriors per every 500 pts... so that means you should have 4x10 warriors. if i was playing 2kptz i'd run maxed destroyers/h.destroyers...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

The plan is to move up and CC with C'tan destroying squads, where as the pariahs will be used to spank vehicles,and assault any remaining scarabs to tie up more enemy units. Monoliths concentrate there attacks on something big preferably. destroyers and warriors try and survive.
    depending on what you are trying to accomplish will depend on your effectivness, first off, using pariah's to spank vehicles is not gonna happen, they move 6" vehicles move 12"
    Before people start to tear this appart, im pretty aware this will fail in a huge way Versus Tau and IG. But this is a a battle plan to get the deciever into combat... whenever hes on the field, seems hes a magnet for anything slightly painful. I considered taking nightbringer, but the deciever seems a whole lot more fun.
    yep yep much fun to be had, and utilizing the monoliths to block LOS while you advance slowly is not that bad its just not quite as fun as one might think.
    Dear Game Designer,
    Rock is Cheese. Paper is fine.
    Signed,
    Scissors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keep the paraiths and the deciver lose 1 monolith replace with warriors and you cant have 2 squards of heavy destroyers and 2 monoliths thats 4 heavy spots.and you dont have enough necrons to make the res orb viable.

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

but what you described was what every necron army is, its always the same, wanted to spice things up a bit
    Unfortunately, our army is pretty similar across the board because it's not a very flexible army. Sad fact, but fact it is.

+ Reply to Thread